January transfer window 2018

Jareth

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Honestly at this point I say just let McCormack be our back up striker. He can also play Grealish's role so he fills two needs. We then also have Davis and Murphey, and Gabby if he ever is fit. I think we are okay in the striker spot already.

Honestly or most cost effective option, obviously not the big man we wanted, but a threat nonetheless.

I genuinely feel we should have enough.

Him and Scott are both smaller, but both very intelligent forwards.

They could probably even play together.

Trio of Jack, Ross, and Hogan up front just might work, what they lack in size and power, they can make up for with cunning movement, interplay and finishing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

This has reminded me of an interview where big Sam said Calvert Lewin needs game time, would be a brilliant signing on loan till the summer imo, would like to see him here.

I think we're after an older head though purely because he keeps saying if Hogan is injured we'll be relying on the academy, so he won't want to add another youngster. 

Hope not. He's in my FF team as a cheap 3rd striker that has been playing a fair bit.

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trio of Jack, Ross, and Hogan up front just might work, what they lack in size and power, they can make up for with cunning movement, interplay and finishing.

Sounds good. Bit like last season under RDM. Just replace Hogan with Ayew. -_-

Edited by villa82

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do Wolves want to loan or sign Afobe? Will he get game time there? Because surely he would rather play?

Obviously he would sign for Wolves over coming here on loan. 

People I know who support Wolves all say they need an out and out striker

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Greg Evans (Evening Mail) tweeted this earlier. Probably just one of those ‘click here tomorrow and we’ll list loads of players we’ve been linked with since 2006’ bits, but interesting nonetheless.

Really dislike that man.

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

C.B ?

That was my first thought... but it can’t be can it? We apparently went for Van Persie... maybe it’s another ageing but very good striker? Ibra?

Not sure who is less likely Ibra or Benteke!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christian-benteke-would-great-fit-14038148.amp

here's our take on the rumours

Villa fans would love to see the Crystal Palace striker return to the Midlands

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • BY GREGG EVANS
  • 13:14, 14 DEC 2017UPDATED13:56, 14 DEC 2017

He’s the Aston Villa hero who the fans still adore.

He wrote this in december.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Greg Evans (Evening Mail) tweeted this earlier. Probably just one of those ‘click here tomorrow and we’ll list loads of players we’ve been linked with since 2006’ bits, but interesting nonetheless.

I would imagine it is. 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That was my first thought... but it can’t be can it? We apparently went for Van Persie... maybe it’s another ageing but very good striker? Ibra?

Ruud van Nistelrooy? 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ibrahimovic linked away today (norwegian Tv2), to join LA Galaxy in US (not us). 

Crystal Palace send a first teamer out on loan tomorrow, says Hodgsen. 

I guess of the two, Ibra most unlikely. But both less likely thanthe return of Dion Dublin and Julian Joachim.

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Only a Villa fan would ask that :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1