January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Gary Madine once scored 42 league goals in 39 games for my Sheff Wed side on FM. Get him in.

Grabban would be a really useful all-rounder to bring in.

The squad is there already, the extra forward will leave no doubt for me.

Always thought Grabban or Afobe would be perfect for where we are at....... both proven, both not gonna break the bank, if we go up and there’s a permanent deal In the offing, then they’ll be good options in prem, if we stay down, we’ve got a top championship striker for next season

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grabban was bloody good at villa park earlier innseason. I would definitely be happy with that if not afobe

Didn’t realise he was 30 and if we sign him it will be his 18th move of some sort in 12 years so doesn’t seem to stay long anywhere . 

decent scoring record at this level though and another option which is always useful .

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-grabban/profil/spieler/35413

Edited by Eastie

Another one here who would be pleased if Grabban came off. Exactly what we need in that he shouldn't damage Hogans confidence but will push him/provide decent cover. 

But christ the optimism/confidence of VT today has me feeling queasy! Think we could do with a face slapping 0-0 against Burton to just add a bit of normality back to this place. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Always thought Grabban or Afobe would be perfect for where we are at....... both proven, both not gonna break the bank, if we go up and there’s a permanent deal In the offing, then they’ll be good options in prem, if we stay down, we’ve got a top championship striker for next season

If we went up I'd be hoping for better than Grabban up front. He's obviously a top class championship striker but that's his ceiling. Like Gestede maybe.

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Lewis grabban to villa or Cardiff according to sky 

Did they do the Skybet odds for it? If not then it could be happening. Otherwise, it’s just their way of conning money from idiots.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If we went up I'd be hoping for better than Grabban up front. He's obviously a top class championship striker but that's his ceiling. Like Gestede maybe.

let’s cross that bridge when we get to it as JT once said ;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dick said:

Did they do the Skybet odds for it? If not then it could be happening. Otherwise, it’s just their way of conning money from idiots.

That should be illegal shouldn't it? What words removed.

If we add a striker I'll be very happy, if we sign a good left back too I'll be ecstatic.

21 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He would be a useful option to have as backup, but I'm sure we would be looking for a first team striker if we went up. 

if we could keep the core of Johnstone, Chester, Snodgrass, Grealish, Adomah and get Kodja firing again, that would be a great start. Supplement with with some quality signings and I would think we would be ok for a first season back in the PL. Anyways, long way to go in that race yet. Its a problem to worry about if/when we actually get promoted.

8 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

He would be a useful option to have as backup, but I'm sure we would be looking for a first team striker if we went up. 

if we could keep the core of Johnstone, Chester, Snodgrass, Grealish, Adomah and get Kodja firing again, that would be a great start. Supplement with with some quality signings and I would think we would be ok for a first season back in the PL. Anyways, long way to go in that race yet. Its a problem to worry about if/when we actually get promoted.

Adomah is a championship player. Johnstone needs to learn to leave his line before he can be a premier league keeper. It will be a very busy summer if we go up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The Mail are saying if Grabban  doesn't happen there are other options we are looking at so its not Grabban or bust. I hope we get someone in as i think it could be the difference for 2nd and 1st place 

Corrected ;)

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The Mail are saying if Grabban  doesn't happen there are other options we are looking at so its not Grabban or bust. I hope we get someone in as i think it could be the difference for 2nd and play offs  

The mail are also saying we haven't even contacted Bournemouth yet.