Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

Heart ruling head there. Snodgrass is 32, he's got two years left at West Ham with an option for a third having signed a new deal this summer. I'm not sure they are particularly interested in selling him and his profile doesn't fit in with our current business model.  For me he'll be always be a hero at Villa Park, probably my favourite loan signing ever if we exclude guys like Milner and Mings who then joined permanently and I'm happy with those memories.  

• Like 1

Heart and head, a bit of both for me - I know it doesn't make financial sense a stand alone deal, he is on a great package at West Ham.
We have saw with Micah, Ross, Gabby, Given that long deals for again players are killers when they are done and still have a year or two left to run....but I would take the punt. He could be the difference between not staying up and staying up.

He isn't Messi but he gets assists, knows the league and we are lacking so much out wide. Could be crucial in the run in.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watching Match of the Day tonight, and he looked like he had a really good game. Everything decent West Ham did went through him, and I think he'd be a huge upgrade on both El Ghazi and Trezeguet still.

I miss him :(

Same. Think he and Albrighton would be huge upgrades. Makes no sense age wise, I know that, but still. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Still gutted we couldn't sign him and Grabban to. 

Grabban couldn't hack it in the top flight never mind his disgusting performance vs Fulham in playoff final 

Thing is, yes he's over 30, but so what really. He plays well in the division nearly every week, and he's absolutely the sort of character that players like, respect and look up to. He'd have been a great influence on some of these younger guys we signed in the summer, and we really lack people like that on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

• Like 2

On 19/01/2020 at 10:49, bannedfromHandV said:

We have a style?

We are quick?

Think I’m missing something.

Snoddy looked bloody brilliant on Saturday.and I would love to have him still with us. Sod all the theoretical claptrap about business models, 5 year plans, building new philosophies etc. He is just a bloody good straightforward winger and they are like gold dust in modern football.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 09/04/2020 at 14:46, VillaChris said:

Easily one of the most likeable players we've had in last 10 years. No doubt that thread will pop up at some point in the fallow months ahead.

Now its time!

Looks Baggies bound. 

Loved him at Villa... great attitude and helped turn the losing culture around at VP. A good signing by Bruce. 

• Like 1

Â