Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

The SKY article makes it sound more bizarre. Snoddy wasn't even tested or scheduled to be tested that day he was just in the room so it would probably back up his claim that he knew the tester

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, choffer said:

Just re-upped at West Ham. 

I know he doesn’t fit here any more but I still kinda miss him. 

Don't think he would suit our playing style now, was good for us but I feel like we have moved beyond needing him tbh.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Bloody love Snoddy I do.

Of all the players we signed on our Championship tour, he was probably my favourite. Yes we have had better players like McGinn, Tammy, etc. but I just felt the way he connected with the fans, there was just something about him. Mings was about next closest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Of all the players we signed on our Championship tour, he was probably my favourite. Yes we have had better players like McGinn, Tammy, etc. but I just felt the way he connected with the fans, there was just something about him. Mings was about next closest.

Yes.

He is missed and as stated he sadly wouldn't fit in now with how far we've come. Still, a great player and his experience that brought us vital free kicks in some games was just great to witness at the time.

I hope and think that he'll get a great reception from Villa fans when he comes back to play against us this season.

On 02/07/2019 at 15:05, MaVilla said:

Don't think he would suit our playing style now, was good for us but I feel like we have moved beyond needing him tbh.

I can see where you're coming from but he was pretty good and regular starter for a West Ham team that finished comfortably mid table in the end.

They have the pace of Anderson on one side and then guile and tracking back of Snodgrass on other flank so decent balance in the three behind the striker if Lanzini can stay fit this year.

Could've worked for us with the direct play of El Ghazi, Snodgrass played similar way to Barry when we used to play him out wide, not much pace but he knows what to do in possession.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can see where you're coming from but he was pretty good and regular starter for a West Ham team that finished comfortably mid table in the end.

They have the pace of Anderson on one side and then guile and tracking back of Snodgrass on other flank so decent balance in the three behind the striker if Lanzini can stay fit this year.

Could've worked for us with the direct play of El Ghazi, Snodgrass played similar way to Barry when we used to play him out wide, not much pace but he knows what to do in possession.

Doesn't fit our recruitment ethos, doesn't fit our style of play.

Just won't happen.

Dosen't fit our style of play? West Ham have quick players on counter attack like we do so don't understand that especially as we still get the ball out to the wide players to stretch the play as we saw with both goals in play off final coming from crosses.

Accept the second point, no chance we'd spend 10m on 31 year old.

Ultimately he could've just been sold off by West Ham but Pellegrini clearly rates him and he's worked with some of the best players to have played the game in last 20 years at several clubs he's managed so he's a pretty good judge of them.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Dosen't fit our style of play? West Ham have quick players on counter attack like we do so don't understand that especially as we still get the ball out to the wide players to stretch the play as we saw with both goals in play off final coming from crosses.

Accept the second point, no chance we'd spend 10m on 31 year old.

Ultimately he could've just been sold off by West Ham but Pellegrini clearly rates him and he's worked with some of the best players to have played the game in last 20 years at several clubs he's managed so he's a pretty good judge of them.

It a a pointless argument, if we sign Snodgrass I will personally send you £10 in the post.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

It a a pointless argument, if we sign Snodgrass I will personally send you £10 in the post.

Nobody said we are signing him, he just signed a new deal 😂

Tarred with the same brush as Bruce as a workhorse put yer boots on,  but actually a very capable skilful and technically excellent footballer. He would fit in no problem and probably thrive more than he ever has given license to play.

Oh well in another lifetime. Never going to happen now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody said we are signing him, he just signed a new deal 😂

Yeah I was just surprised a proven premier league player who was a regular for a team who were comfortably mid table was pretty much dismissed when we're trying to build a premier league squad again.

If he was available I'd be happy signing him up. As I said above I think the different qualities of Snodgrass and El Ghazi on the wings would work well.

Seems to be this romantic view that we can build an amazing team at premier league level with everyone under 25 but you need experience and nous, our teams that finished sixth had plenty of that.

He played for us like it mattered.He also was extremely talented his dead ball delivery was excellent.

Strangely this is rare.Mcginn is another example of a player you feel is really giving their all.

For a team to be successful you need at least five players like this last season we had  McGinn ,Mings,Grealish ,Abraham and Hutton?

I would love him to come back but after he has signed a new contract that now seems unlikely.

• 2 months later...
Â