• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's going to be Moyes isn't it...:(

Given his connections to people at the club already, personally I think he is a shoe in as next manager. Not sure what to think.

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

6q9v1d.png

Hope it's not against rules to post betting info. Sorry if so. But times like this I want a feel for who the bookies think is amongst the light at the end of the tunnel. 

so obviously moyes, that's worth a tenner for sure

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so obviously moyes, that's worth a tenner for sure

Can't see past Moyes or Pardew. I think Pardew might get the nod as he has previous for getting instant results in the short term.

BTW - a chap who sits by me knows a lot of folk at Brentford, Basically he said that have a cutting edge recruitment team and Dean Smith isn't involved in buying the players - also in his opinion Brentford wouldn't put up much a fight if we wanted Dean Smith. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can't see past Moyes or Pardew. I think Pardew might get the nod as he has previous for getting instant results in the short term.

BTW - a chap who sits by me knows a lot of folk at Brentford, Basically he said that have a cutting edge recruitment team and Dean Smith isn't involved in buying the players - also in his opinion Brentford wouldn't put up much a fight if we wanted Dean Smith. 

Was the recruitment team put in place by Warburton?  He seems a switched on kind of bloke maybe thats what we need!?

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If it's Pardew or Moyes you might aswell save a few quid and stick with Bruce tbfh.

Pretty much sums up the choice on offer - and why Bruce remains in post. Might be a blessing in the long run. Enforced stability. Bruce as ever needs to deliver pronto. 

22 hours ago, hippo said:

You been watching to many sky pundits making a simple game complicated

I haven't, but I'd actually argue that 99% of punditry fails to make it complicated enough... whilst the game itself is undoubtedly simple (as in, kick that in there), the nuances of the modern game (balancing a squad, getting them fit, playing to a strategy, financial responsibility, media management, etc etc) are becoming increasingly beyond the "clogger" style of management. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Wasn't that Fergie!? He's pretty much the most successful manager of all time.

I should perhaps have said - managers that solely "motivate". There's far more to the game than that in this day and age. Bruce seems to be just a motivator, but he needs to be a motivator, a tactician, a PR manager, an accountant, a fitness instructor, a counsellor, a diplomat... the list goes on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

I have always been one of Moyes greatest fans for what he did at Everton. He took Everton by the scruff of the neck and rebuilt the club but as you say for the same reasons I wouldn't want De Boer, Moyes wouldn't be my first choice at the Villa either. Too much damage has been done by previous unsuccessful appointments no matter the circumstances.

Furthermore, football has moved on from the successful era of Moyes, O'Neill, Allardyce and indeed to a much lesser extend Bruce. More teams are trying to play progressive football, even in the Championship now, so Villa must look to the future and as I've stated before in previous posts, rather than spunk another fortune on more players, spend that extra money on compensation to nab Dean Smith or the manager at Fulham. It's the only way Villa are going to move forward.

This is the key - the championship is indeed changing with new coaches playing football to get results - the old Bruce style of scrapping and scraping results and fighting for results in hard fought battles is being replaced by teams paying fast flowing football and Bruce does not know how to deal with it . 

We need one of these modern thinking managers and jovanovic fits the bill perfectly for me - with our squad he would thrive . 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Who's to say he wouldn't leave forest if we made a move for him ? 

There's not much ethics left in football - But I really don't think Warburton (or any other manager) would jump ship after so few forest games

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

There's not much ethics left in football - But I really don't think Warburton (or any other manager) would jump ship after so few forest games

I think out of the current load of managers in the championship my order would be

Jokanovic

Warburton

Wilder 

Stam

Smith

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think out of the current load of managers in the championship my order would be

Jokanovic

Warburton

Wilder 

Stam

Smith

I think all 5 of those are realistic and gettable targets if we pay the required compensation . 

The longer we wait and the further off the pace we fall the harder it will become to attract a decent manager. 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1