• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It needs to be the right appointment, because if it isn't, it will land us in a whole load of shit.

Do you mean fresh stuff......not like the stale stuff we are already in.:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Fresh shit will do, anything is better than the shit we are in at the moment. 

Which leads to the age old question. If you were standing up to your neck in snot and someone threw a bucket of shite at you, would you duck?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Reports where?

Catalonian sport magazine Sport have an article here. http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/oscar-garcia-tentado-inglaterra-china-6283736

Bajo contrato con el Saint-Étienne hasta junio de 2019, el nombre de Òscar ha vuelto al plano en Inglaterra, donde ya en verano fue relacionado con el Aston Villa, tras quedar muy lejos de la pelea por el ascenso a la Premier, y ahora sus agentes han sido otra vez contactados desde el Villa Park, donde la figura de Steve Bruce está muy cuestionada.

Does he have a Clotet connection? They are at least both catalonian.

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Not long since he was linked to Barcelona - did a decent enough job at Brighton - would take him ! 

His win ratio is good but most of it is a tel aviv, not sure of that relevance.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Catalonian sport magazine Sport have an article here. http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/oscar-garcia-tentado-inglaterra-china-6283736

Bajo contrato con el Saint-Étienne hasta junio de 2019, el nombre de Òscar ha vuelto al plano en Inglaterra, donde ya en verano fue relacionado con el Aston Villa, tras quedar muy lejos de la pelea por el ascenso a la Premier, y ahora sus agentes han sido otra vez contactados desde el Villa Park, donde la figura de Steve Bruce está muy cuestionada.

No se

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Does he have a Clotet connection? They are at least both catalonian.

Not sure clotet would go back to being a number 2 but would be interesting . 

18 hours ago, dn1982 said:

This notion we don't give managers time is a load of crap. RDM aside all have had long enough to prove they weren't good enough. RDM was sacked because of a slow start but that was as much the board panicking as anything. Bruce has had 11 months without improvement. If Mellberg wanted the job and ticked the boxes I'd have him on ability not sentiment. Dean Smith a Villa fan could be a better option and tick your bond with fans box. Ultimately we need a. Manager that knows how he wants to play and how to get his team to do it something I thought Bruce could do with all his experience. 

I'm not sure if the first line is a response to my post or just a general point, but I haven't said anything about giving managers time? 

I just want something completely different. The bond with Mellberg or Laursen would be completely different to Smith, or anybody else bar God himself. 

I don't know if they'd do any good or not, the odds are probably against them, but I'm bored. I'm bored of shite managerial choices, bored of being unhappy watching the team, bored of the results and bored of the whole negative aura around the club. 

I just want something/somebody to cheer for and one of those two would give us that. The players would have nowhere to hide. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I think it is significant that there are now press reports of this nature and they're publishing disgruntled fans opinions. That surely is a sign that things should be about to move. How did Garcia do at Brighton and Watford?

Was only at Watford a month and quit for health reasons but did a decent job at Brighton .