• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Just now, AJ said:

How about MON? I think he would be a good shout.

You mean Martin O Neil? It's worth a debate. Wonder if he'd come back. Could it Happen? Or did you mean Michael O Neill? His middle name is actually Martin, so he'd be MMON.. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You mean Martin O Neil? It's worth a debate. Wonder if he'd come back. Could it Happen? Or did you mean Michael O Neill? His middle name is actually Martin, so he'd be MMON.. 

Mon could well be out of  work in a months time - can't see him staying in the Ireland job if they miss out on qualification . 

Think he is an old school manager as well now though and well past his prime as a manager. 

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Or add those 35 to these 7 and see where we would have finished over his 42 games ? 

Not in the top half I fear .

However we dress it up the facts are after 42 games in charge he's made little improvement if any at all .

yeah....i accept that.....i think i was trying to say this season is worse than last,so far.

I guess we can all get the picture, watching it.

Edited by TRO

On 9/13/2017 at 13:01, striker said:

We're pretty much on the same page with that mate.

I really do wish Bruce had shown something, anything, to not warrant yet another managerial change but can anyone honestly say that during his time here performances and results have been on an upward spiral or have given birth to seeds of hope that Villa fans could hang onto?

He hasn't been able to find a system to suit the players he has purchased. In fact some would argue that most of his signings have regressed in ability since coming here. Bruce has argued that is due to his signings not being able to handle big club atmosphere but if that is the case why did he sign that type of player in the first place? Surely he would have done due diligence on character?

I happen to believe that it's been nothing to do with the traditions of AVFC. For instance you cannot play Davis and Hogan on their own. One must play to complement the other. With Kodjia near fitness watch Villa yet again become a one dimensional team with Bruce playing Kodjia on his own and too much reliance on the spectacular from Villa's star forward which is far too predictable to be consistently successful enough to gain enough points for promotion.

He hasn't got the midfield right either with Hourihane criminally misused until very recently and when given his normal berth look at the return yet Bruce changed system again. No wonder players like Hourihane and Lansbury have found it difficult to settle. It's got **** all to do with not being able to deal with big club expectations. If your going to purchase attacking midfielders then let them do the job you purchased them for and not shoe horn them into something they're not used to.

To commend him he did bring O'Hare through but then dropped him when the kid was flying. Hayes also. I also think Lyden should have been given a chance instead of signing Whelan who to date has been poor.

Bruce then split up a very solid central defensive partnership to bring Terry in. He should have left well alone as Terry's legs have gone.

If as we all believe Bruce is on the verge of being sacked then it is his own doing and he can have no excuses.

very well put. I concur.

I think he has gone for experience, when in fact its arguable whether that is the right stance.I agree he has this thing in his head about the club and its expectations.....but we all knew that we couldn't hang around down here too long.

I still think we have technical problems too.....It was clear to me that the ball control that Kodjia was displaying was giving him a clear advantage one on one, despite just coming back, he was head and shoulders technically above his mates.

O'Hare shows good signs of ball control too and this skill opens up opportunities, where  fumbling players gets closed down too easily......I haven't seen Doyle Hayes but can't wait from the reports.

We get caught in possession far too easily for a team with expectations.....This IMO should be rigorously worked on....or players like those above, played.

Even when we play well things It don't look quite right in terms of our play....but hey ho.....I would still take the results right now.

Edited by TRO

I cannot think why or how he is still here..

Is the new manager needing time first to settle over here etc. 

Are we waiting for an international manager depending on their qualification circumstances before we fire Bruce?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He won't be sacked now.

It would just not make logistical sense when the man only has a month left on his contract.

He has a 12 month rolling contract, which means he always has 12 months left. 

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Did MON have a 12 month rolling contract? I think we should see if he wants to come back. 

Michael O'Neill hasn't been here and therefore can't "come back". Though I hear that he would demand Januzaj on loan if he were to manage us.

• Like 1

I can't make my mind up which manager I favour out of these 2

• Martin Michael O'Neill
  • Michael Martin O'Neill

I think I will go for the Ireland Manager.....or the one who's birthplace is Northern Ireland.

:D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want anyone with a connection to SHA or Sunderland.  They've stunk out the English game even more than we have in recent years.  If I had to choose then I'd go for Clotet, probably a bit cheaper than anyone else currently in a job, must have a detailed knowledge of the league from his Leeds days and a modern day thinker making a good start at Oxford.