• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

still cant believe people are suggesting Terry but ignoring another player on the books. maybe Mr. Aston Villa should get the job

Gabriel-Agbonlahor-657337.jpg

Every picture tells a story......don't it.:)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hmmm- I think Fat Sam will be back in employment some time. He has already resurfaced in the media. And when ex managers do that that means they are bored and want a new job. Not sure if it would exactly excite the fan base as he  just a slightly smarter version of Bruce. 

Saw him interviewed yesterday and he made it clear he's finished - and rightly so .

How many years have souness  and hoddle  been in the media ;) ? 

Just now, Eastie said:

Saw him interviewed yesterday and he made it clear he's finished - and rightly so .

How many years have souness  and hoddle  been in the media ;) ? 

in fairness Hoddle keeps getting looked over for these top jobs ;)

Just now, Zatman said:

in fairness Hoddle keeps getting looked over for these top jobs ;)

Knowing it.....and doing it , is two different things.

I think Hoddle has his right job a pundit.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

could we entice Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe

It's early days but it looks like the Bournemouth fairytale could be ending. Maybe he would move on now before he's tarnished by it but I think he will feel. He owes it to them to see it out. 

Dyche, well he's done so so well hasn't he. 

Unfortunately we cannot compete with Burnley financially :puke:which shows what a truly awful time we took to be relegated. 

I suspect our budget will be tight due to FFP and Burnley could throw more money at him. 

Plus he's done so well I would be amazed if a current PL team who are thinking of ditching their manager (West HAM?) make a move for him. 

Simple truth is anyone who is in the PL is a bigger draw than us. 

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

could we entice Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe

I would say no we can't.

It sounds ridiculous I know (maybe because it is) but I think there's slightly more chance* of us enticing a manager like Hiddink with the promise of huge salary and I guess a further incentive should he achieve promotion, on a short term contract, than someone like Dyche who I would guess is rather happy where he is.

*and to clarify, I think the chance of attracting someone like Hiddink is negligible 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think De Boer should be looked at. Ticks a lot of boxes and as his stock is low, could be gettable when he wouldn't ordinarily be. 

U mad bro?  His stock is low because he is no good outside Ajax.  Wouldn't touch him with Gabby's.

On 10/09/2017 at 15:02, thabucks said:

Just posted this in the Bruce thread by mistake but here are my Suggestions. 

Paulo Sousa, Paulo Bento, Slavisa Jokanović, Jaap Stam, Pep Clotet ,  Murat Yakin, Markus Weinzierl.

All attainable forward thinking young managers. Cant think of any young British managers other than Howe off the top of head who could be gettable (that's if their bad run continues btw) 

bad news dude

Yakin went to Grasshoppers last week. Just did a search as i know how much myself and you would have liked to have seen him here!

He will do a great job there, his win percentage was high at FC Schaffhausen.

Pity he has so much potential and could have easily been the most talked about coach in Championship if we had ever went in for him and got him. Potentially another Wagner,

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

U mad bro?  His stock is low because he is no good outside Ajax.  Wouldn't touch him with Gabby's.

Not exactly given much of a chance and sometimes a club is not the right fit. Have you read the independent article about his time at Palace? Doomed from the start.