John Terry

Farlz

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

I know I'm probably alone in this, but I hope Terry doesn't stay on for another year. He is taking up the wages of three players, generally he has been good but not that good, and he won't be any better next season. 

I sort of agree. Defense wasn't really our issue last season. Our center backs of Elphick, Chester, and Baker last season were not bad. 

Last season we conceded 48 goals, and this season we've so far conceded 40. It seems like we will around last season's mark again.

Biggest difference is this season we've scored 65 goals already, and last season our total was 45. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Out of tomorrows game according to Bruce 

Unless a miracle happens and we can get second at some point over the next couple of games, I’d rest him till the playoffs. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deeps said:

Unless a miracle happens and we can get second at some point over the next couple of games, I’d rest him till the playoffs. 

I would play him for final home game and rest him for millwall

• Like 3

On 4/12/2018 at 08:50, Nigel said:

Hope samba gets some game time, could do with him up to speed too.

there's two words you don't often see in the same sentence - "Samba" and "speed"

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Still firmly believe his signing has been responsible for turning round our toxic team spirit and the “losing is ok” culture we had. I think we will look back in a few years and think he was a transformative signing whether we go up or not, way beyond how he has played on the pitch where Chester has been as good. It’s easy to forget what a soft touch we have been for years and years and I think this would have continued without his leadership. 

He's clearly been a big part of it, yes. You can see how much fellow professionals respect him, in how they interact with him in person and through social media and so on. I wouldn't credit him with sole responsibility, which seems unfair on others, but I agree he's a big part of the picture. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Terry does a lot more for this team than defend. 

One of the reasons we've scored more goals is we have a cultured centreback who can feed the midfield rather than Baker who would just punt it down the field every time he got it.

That's before you even mention Terry's leadership skills.

It's short sighted to purely quote defensive stats when talking about Terry, imo.

Such an important point. Both Chester and Terry never panic under pressure (famous last words). 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Terry does a lot more for this team than defend. 

One of the reasons we've scored more goals is we have a cultured centreback who can feed the midfield rather than Baker who would just punt it down the field every time he got it.

That's before you even mention Terry's leadership skills.

It's short sighted to purely quote defensive stats when talking about Terry, imo.

You make a good point. Baker definitely wasn't the best with the ball at his feet. 

• Haha 1

Just seen something on instagram, some chelsea fan group (their B6 project) asked for donations so they could raise money and do a roy bentley banner in the stadium after he died last week, they need something like £800

john messaged them and said he will pay the lot

• Like 2

On 22/04/2018 at 11:15, villa4europe said:

Just seen something on instagram, some chelsea fan group (their B6 project) asked for donations so they could raise money and do a roy bentley banner in the stadium after he died last week, they need something like £800

john messaged them and said he will pay the lot

Top Man

On 20/04/2018 at 20:13, terrytini said:

Terry has been priceless. From the first friendly appearance through the whole campaign...it’s not been error free football wise but - to pinch a phrase from a few posts earlier - his character has been that of 3 men.

Single most important bit of business at any level in the Club would be keeping him, in whatever role, next season.

We are nowhere near out of the woods yet as regards being a ‘ soft’ side....things are much better, but take Terry ( and Snodgrass) out and we are still very short on the type of spirit and attitude they bring.

I agree with pretty much everything what you say apart from you saying he stays at any price all things being equal then yes - however we may have a new team at the helm and no place for JT- he has certainly surpassed my expectations  for him and I genuinely think he feels a lot for the club 

On 09/04/2018 at 22:57, Czechlad said:

I sort of agree. Defense wasn't really our issue last season. Our center backs of Elphick, Chester, and Baker last season were not bad. 

Last season we conceded 48 goals, and this season we've so far conceded 40. It seems like we will around last season's mark again.

Biggest difference is this season we've scored 65 goals already, and last season our total was 45. 

because the priority was to stop the rot......and he did......the next phase was to get us to score more goals and he has.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â