Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

16 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Thought that was interesting.

Great statistic. My West Ham supporting best mate failed to respond when I sent him that pic... not sure why!! 

Although I think Chicarito will have a decent season, they're having their pants pulled down for Arnautovic. 

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Neymar has reportedly agreed personal terms with PSG. 

And yet the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a new heftier contract at Barca considering messi re-signed only a few weeks ago. 

If he's all but signed for PSG why was he playing and scoring twice for Barca last night? Surely his head wouldn't be right to play like Van Dijk and Sigurdsson?

I'm not convinced, can't really be perceived as best player in the world by playing in the French league. If he wants to get one up on Messi then win the World cup for Brazil.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If he's all but signed for PSG why was he playing and scoring twice for Barca last night? Surely his head wouldn't be right to play like Van Dijk and Sigurdsson?

I'm not convinced, can't really be perceived as best player in the world by playing in the French league. If he wants to get one up on Messi then win the World cup for Brazil.

You're probably right but he 'won' the Champions League for them and then wins the world cup with Brazil then he'd be in that argument. 

PSG don't have mentality to win CL. Neymar will probably score 4 times in them in a 4-0 first leg win...and they'll lose the second leg 5-0 to Real Madrid.

They need a new goalkeeper if they're serious about that...Kevin Trapp was a shambles last night v Spurs. :lol:

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would be ridiculous if that red card carried over into competitive matches. In days gone by, referees would make an offending player get subbed off, rather than giving a red.

Hendrie got a ban before over a pre-season red card. Rare they actually happen

Didn't a red in the Man. United friendly the other night tell Mourinho to sub Valencia as he was on a yellow, Mourinho ignored him and Valencia got sent off anyway.:lol:

Think it only gets carried over if it's violent conduct, Scholes and Rooney got 3 match bans for getting sent off in the Amsterdam tournament that used to be played.

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah you can't red card a player in a friendly for a technical offence like that, it ruins it for both sides. Referee is a tool.

He did the handball and then brought the player down. Could have got the red for either if the ref played advantage from the handball.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He did the handball and then brought the player down. Could have got the red for either if the ref played advantage from the handball.

It's a friendly though:crylaugh:

I know if I was a Tottenham manager trying to get my team prepared for the season I wouldn't want one of my crucial warm up games to turn into an attack versus defence. It changes the whole dynamic of the game and probably benefits PSG more in the long run as an exercise. Just get him subbed out of something. Totally ridiculous.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a friendly though:crylaugh:

I know if I was a Tottenham manager trying to get my team prepared for the season I wouldn't want one of my crucial warm up games to turn into an attack versus defence. It changes the whole dynamic of the game and probably benefits PSG more in the long run as an exercise. Just get him subbed out of something. Totally ridiculous.

I remember as a kid at school the ref told our manager to sub a player who was putting in a series of 'heavy' challenges.

Not sure it happens in the professional game in this day and age. The referees I expect are still being rated on their performance, friendly or not. People have paid good money for tickets. It's not ridiculous to apply the rules as far as I can see (slightly harsh you might say).

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:51, VillaChris said:

Yes Chris if he all but signed skybet wouldn't have him at 2/1 to go to psg and 4/11 to stay at Barcelona. I don't think he will leave

i saw a french news thing last night saying PSG and his father / representatives had agreed to terms but they didnt think h'e actually sign...how are they allowed to talk to his dad?

the terms also seemed to be £30m a year paid for via a personal sponsorship from a qatari investment fund, so PSG wouldnt actually pay him that much but a company which PSGs owners also own would sponsor him

part of me wants it to happen just so it can all go to shit

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i saw a french news thing last night saying PSG and his father / representatives had agreed to terms but they didnt think h'e actually sign...how are they allowed to talk to his dad?

the terms also seemed to be £30m a year paid for via a personal sponsorship from a qatari investment fund, so PSG wouldnt actually pay him that much but a company which PSGs owners also own would sponsor him

part of me wants it to happen just so it can all go to shit

I assume they activated his release fee as they have to have one over in Spain I think, so can probably just talk to his reps as a result