• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This was discussed the other day. The hotline for Russians to surrender.

After watching a video of a Russian getting shot to pieces hiding in an outhouse, this is a bit more heartwarming. Russians who surrender are good people. They have no business in Ukraine. I hope they’re treated well.

Ukraine war: Vladimir Putin gets a tractor for his 70th birthday - BBC News

A tractor is one of the odder gifts for Vladimir Putin, as Russia's president, a pariah in the West since his invasion of Ukraine, turns 70.

It was given him by his Belarusian ally, Alexander Lukashenko, whose country boasts a tractor works.

Mr Lukashenko confirmed the news as he visited his fellow strongman's home city, St Petersburg, for talks.

Mr Putin was hosting other leaders of ex-Soviet states as the war fanned by his invasion raged.

Faced with successful Ukrainian counter-attacks, he hinted at problems this week, describing the situation in regions he recently annexed as "restive".

But on Friday, his allies lavished praise and gifts on the man who has led Russia, whether as president or prime minister, for more than two decades.

Mr Lukashenko, Europe's self-styled "last dictator" who has been in power even longer than the Russian leader (since 1994) and whose administration is also under Western sanctions, came to St Petersburg with a gift certificate for the Belarusian-made vehicle.

Along with the gifts came praise for Mr Putin for "transforming the image of Russia, strengthening its sovereignty and its defence capability, and protecting its national interests", in the words of the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill.

"The number one patriot in the world" was how Ramzan Kadyrov, Chechnya's Moscow-backed leader, put it.

Further afield, but dealing with similar international isolation, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un congratulated the man in the Kremlin for "crushing the challenges and threats of the United States".

Mr Putin's enemies used the occasion of his birthday again to depict him as a war criminal trying to destroy another country while ruining his own.

Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov called on Russia's military to reject him and refuse to fight his war, saying Mr Putin was "hiding in a bunker rather than standing" with his soldiers.

Some social media users noted the irony of Mr Lukashenko's gift to Mr Putin: the humble tractor became an early symbol of Ukrainian resistance to the Russian invasion after farmers were seen towing away abandoned military vehicles.

In the Czech capital, Prague, demonstrators mocked Russia's president with a giant dummy depicting him as a naked emperor sitting on a golden toilet.

He just needs a Ukrainian farmer now to show him how to use the tractor properly. 

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

After watching a video of a Russian getting shot to pieces hiding in an outhouse, this is a bit more heartwarming. Russians who surrender are good people. They have no business in Ukraine. I hope they’re treated well.

I can't believe you watched it after I mentioned it last night lol. I watched it a couple of times because at first, I actually thought it was a dog. I was only after I watched it back, I realise it was some soldier scrambling for safety before being executed. Horrendous. I agree the more that surrender like this the better. 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I can't believe you watched it after I mentioned it last night lol. I watched it a couple of times because at first, I actually thought it was a dog. I was only after I watched it back, I realise it was some soldier scrambling for safety before being executed. Horrendous. I agree the more that surrender like this the better. 

Was discussing with a mate. I think the Ukrainian soldier probably did the “right” thing but it was still brutal watching a man get mown down like that, not putting up a fight. Wonder what his back story was. Probably just a random peasant from some far flung region of Russia who never had any interest in fighting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Was discussing with a mate. I think the Ukrainian soldier probably did the “right” thing but it was still brutal watching a man get mown down like that, not putting up a fight. Wonder what his back story was. Probably just a random peasant from some far flung region of Russia who never had any interest in fighting.

What I will say in defence of the Ukrainians was we don't know what he'd done prior to the engagement, and we also don't know if he'd ask to surrender or was given option too. It just looked cold watching it from that perspective.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What I will say in defence of the Ukrainians was we don't know what he'd done prior to the engagement, and we also don't know if he'd ask to surrender or was given option too. It just looked cold watching it from that perspective.  

Yep, and we don’t know what the Ukrainian troops have been through over the last few months and how that’s affected their mindset in situations like this. Not for us to judge. It clearly wasn’t a war crime, it was just very cold.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Wow they've actually done it, the Crimean bridge has been attacked

Sounds like the Russians are trying to blame a fuel tank for the fire (and presumably for the road bridge completely collapsing)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m no expert but that’s gotta be missiles, right? Both bridges hit in the same place. If so it’s impressive they managed to nail a (presumably moving) fuel train on the rail bridge while doing so.

Edited by Panto_Villan

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

That's war in simple terms, murder with state protection. Putin is sending his nations untrained teenagers to be killed by a war machine defending it's home soil. 

I pity Russia, I have no real animosity against them, they have been sold a lie by a bullshiting gangster. 

Putin is doing more damage to Russia than any bombs could, he's deystroying a future generation. 99% of Russians are likely to be normal peace loving people. 

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Wow they've actually done it, the Crimean bridge has been attacked

Sounds like the Russians are trying to blame a fuel tank for the fire (and presumably for the road bridge completely collapsing)

Happy birthday Mr Putin

So, Luke gave Putin a Tractor for his birthday and he also got a load of melons from one province. What did Ukraine give him?

A blown up Kerch Bridge.

Crimea is now cut off from Russia

That'll be a nice thing for Putin to wake up to

Â