• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Maybe, Maybe not. Timelines could be completely different. It could have happened swiftly and a few hours previously.

Yep for sure, although there have been a number of these stories amplified by the Ukrainians that have turned out to be false. Impossible for us to say what’s happening, but I’m leaning towards it being fake news

Just now, KentVillan said:

Yep for sure, although there have been a number of these stories amplified by the Ukrainians that have turned out to be false. Impossible for us to say what’s happening, but I’m leaning towards it being fake news

I'm trying to imagine why Ukraine would want to spread this as fake news, especially today. I can see why they might at another time but within 24 hours of a strike on the Kerch Bridge and a strike 200km inside Russia at an airfield, it just seems like an odd day to do it.

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Putin looks like he's about to make a shitload more enemies at home. 

It's funny how Dictators always have others to blame, it's never their fault despite being the only ones in charge of the whole shitshow. 

• Like 1

Russia names air force general to lead its forces in Ukraine

Reuters

I think thats about the third change of military leadership in Ukraime for RUssia this week. Commanders of the  Eastern and Southern fronts already replaced now the General in overall control replaced

It's an odd way of doing things and an odd appointment. The Air Force has hardly covered itself in glory in this war (lost anouther SU-34 earlier) but I guess Putin is actually running out of generals with experience that he trusts

Also if you are changing the man at the top, why not let him choose the replacements below? It's classic RUssian military doctrine and they wonder why they fail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Reuters

I think thats about the third change of military leadership in Ukraime for RUssia this week. Commanders of the  Eastern and Southern fronts already replaced now the General in overall control replaced

It's an odd way of doing things and an odd appointment. The Air Force has hardly covered itself in glory in this war (lost anouther SU-34 earlier) but I guess Putin is actually running out of generals with experience that he trusts

Also if you are changing the man at the top, why not let him choose the replacements below? It's classic RUssian military doctrine and they wonder why they fail.

I can't imagine for one moment the Army will be happy taking orders from an Air force man, or indeed that he will know anything about army strategy......... But then again neither do the Army Generals 😁

Just now, sidcow said:

I can't imagine for one moment the Army will be happy taking orders from an Air force man, or indeed that he will know anything about army strategy......... But then again neither do the Army Generals 😁

It'll be the Admiral of the Black Sea Fleet next... sorry, forgot they already sacked him

TBH it's great news that he's continually looking to point the finger at anything that paints Russia as weak or incompetent. Sooner or later the fingers will all start pointing at him when he points the finger at the wrong person. The reality is in wars catastrophic events can happen to any side involved and generally do. His biggest failing imo is trying to paint a picture initially that it was a quick step over the border and Ukraine would collapse because of Russia's dominance in warfare. He basically set Russian's up to lose because any defeat has now become a spotlight for Russian failings. I don't see that going down well the longer this goes on as the blame list gets smaller.   

50 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They'll be working orderly queues to fall out of high windows shortly.

I suspect Russia's version of "Helicopter Heroes" is completely different to the UK's.

On the bright side most of their pick ups are right next to the road.  Bonus.

Every episode can have an instrumental bit from Orville's song when the titles appear to make sure people get the sheer gravity of the situation.

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quiet this morning. Not seeing much on social media other than the bridge attack. 

There is ongoing movement. For instance, in the Northeast Ukrainian forces are advancing towards Svatove and are now only a couple of km from the P66 highway. Russia still has the high ground here, so it's bound to take time for Ukraine to move forward and take this area. Once they do, they will have a large portion of Luhansk under control even if not completely liberated. 

In North Kherson Ukrainians are advancing slowly and have taken Nova Kamianka.

Movement has quietened but lulls are usually due to operation silence and not because nothing is going on. The mapping updates have also slowed down the last few days which also indicates this is what is currently happening. I would also think that Ukrainians are trying to reinforce liberated areas to ensure these don't get retaken, whilst Russians are trying to reinforce their defences. I don't think it will be quiet for long.  

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not sure if this is genuine as the main radio tower in Moscow is the Shukhov I think and the main tv is the Ostankino tower neither look like this. 

High chance of it just being bad wiring on ancient equipment rather than attack of any sort I think

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Big explosion in Crimea though, near Yevpatoriya

Looks to me like a geezer with one of those extra smoke vapes. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Â