Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Where’s the incline that we see in the clip? Seeing the section that has broken off and then the railway to the right I don’t get where the incline is… 

It will be behind the photographer in those daytime photos.

Here is a wider view:

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

image.thumb.jpeg.32b4315c1085dd403b4df43615cef952.jpeg

The bridge has also been damaged in 2 places, Whether the initial explosion created a carriageway ripple disconnection the section further to the left from the blast area I don't know, but I'm sure that could be plausible.  

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Looks like part of a plan to wipe out Russia’s supply lines ahead of a big offensive.

This now gives Ukraine so many more options to hit Russian supply lines.

Due to the way Russia fights, its logistics are so much more vulnerable and crucial than Ukraine's, eg Russia needs to supply 10x? 50x? the missiles/bombs etc to neutralise a target as they're dumb weapons, compared to Ukraine needing, er one.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Looks like part of a plan to wipe out Russia’s supply lines ahead of a big offensive.

There has been more chatter the last couple of weeks about a 3rd front opening from Zaphorizhzhia towards Melitopol. I think the event last night made this more than likely now. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

Thinking about the end of all this, because it will end, one way or another of course.

In terms of the geopolitical aspects, I guess it’s likely that a fairly sizeable demilitarised zone will have to exist between Russia and Ukraine but that’s a helluva stretch of land and I wonder what would happen to towns and villages that are designated within it. 

The landscape could well be irreversibly changed and if a DMZ is created between Ukraine and Russia, who’s to say other bordering countries might not want to do the same, essentially separating Russia from Europe entirely?

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thinking about the end of all this, because it will end, one way or another of course.

In terms of the geopolitical aspects, I guess it’s likely that a fairly sizeable demilitarised zone will have to exist between Russia and Ukraine but that’s a helluva stretch of land and I wonder what would happen to towns and villages that are designated within it. 

The landscape could well be irreversibly changed and if a DMZ is created between Ukraine and Russia, who’s to say other bordering countries might not want to do the same, essentially separating Russia from Europe entirely?

There will be Northern Ireland style ‘troubles’ for decades to come regardless of which side ‘wins’. There are too many people living side by side in places like Crimea and Donbas who support opposing nations. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They should coin some kind of phrase for this separation between Russia and The West. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Â