Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

She is absolutely fantastic. She has increased Finlands power, prestige and strength more in the past six months than anyone else has in decades. 

Middle aged man-love aside - what I like most about it is the message, for me it makes it less likely that Putin launches some nukes - I mean he can't nuke everyone at the same time and were he to war game it, granted he could take the whitehouse, us, France, but by the time he's been destroyed the Fins, Poland, you name it are all rolling in and mother Russia not only ceases to exist, the good guys still win. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There is no way that bridge was hit by a medium range missile that coincidentally hit at the same time as a fuel train passed by.  

That is an incredibly well planned attack conducted at close range.  

Possibly a dropped cigarette.  

😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bomb on the train seems more likely I think

I think that’s the least likely explanation personally. I’m actually coming around to to the truck bomb idea now.

Bomb on the train doesn’t make sense to me. Train bridge isn’t that badly damaged, and nor is the train. I don’t see how that would have brought down the road bridge either.

Two or three ATACAMS missiles would be the easiest way to do this, except only one side of the road bridge is totally collapsed. And the Ukrainians would probably target the rail bridge rather than the road bridge given it’s more important for logistics. And they’d probably finish the job shortly if they had the capability to do so.

I didn’t really think the Ukrainians went in for suicide bombings, but a truck bomb would explain why only half the road collapsed. Apparently the fuel train was parked at a signal so it could just have been hit by flying debris - it didn’t look too badly damaged, just on fire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

the blast seems to come from the right hand side, which as far as I can tell is the opposite side to the train bridge. A train bomb wouldn’t blow the far side of the road bridge, it’s got to be a missile, surely

But if it is the opposite side to the Railway bridge it explodes before it impacts the bridge which is a little odd 

That bridge was built in a hurry after annexation of Crimea it isn't thought to be that well constructed. The are other pictures out there that you see that it hasn’t actually destroyed the section of bridge, it’s just removed it from the bridge, it’s still there in the water, the epsection of bridge that missing, it’s just dropped down, it also doesn’t seem to be massively twisted and distorted like you’d imagine it would be if it was hit by a missile strike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

. Apparently the fuel train was parked at a signal so it could just have been hit by flying debris - it didn’t look too badly damaged, just on fire.

Agree about the train not looking that damaged. 

Maybe the bridge was rigged with explosives and remotely detonated when the train went over the area that was rigged. GPS proximity device or a simple line of sight. Classic SBS/ SAS  type operation. 

51 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe the bridge was rigged with explosives and remotely detonated when the train went over the area that was rigged. GPS proximity device or a simple line of sight. Classic SBS/ SAS  type operation. 

Yeah, that's my thought. Explosion seems to come from the right of the road bridge.  Someone could have planted a bomb under the road in the dead of night from a small submersible or small boat. Screams special opps to me. 

Was obviously also an incendiary device as huge arc of molten materials flies over the road and onto the railway track above coating the train carriages. 

I agree it was probably deliberately timed to coincide with the stopped train. 

According to Vladimir Kontantinov, death and destruction is the only thing the Ukrainian regime can do. 

I mean it's utterly breathtaking in it's blatant lack of self awareness. 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It looks like a missile. If it was a planted device on a vehicle surely the after blast would have been straight up and not pushed left like that indicating the force came from the right. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah the blast seems to come from the right hand side, which as far as I can tell is the opposite side to the train bridge. A train bomb wouldn’t blow the far side of the road bridge, it’s got to be a missile, surely.

D3B42B85-910A-46BA-A94D-FDEA8B49F462.jpeg

C253FE72-CFE4-4731-AD05-7C62B9641881.jpeg

Where’s the incline that we see in the clip? Seeing the section that has broken off and then the railway to the right I don’t get where the incline is… 

The explosion could have come from a boat going underneath… 

Edited by Tayls

Â