Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

That reminded me of this gem

Gerrard and Keane v 30 8 year olds.

Genie, you should know better. This is a depression free zone. I've hardly entered the club thread for weeks such is the bs in there. 

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

That reminded me of this gem

Gerrard and Keane v 30 8 year olds.

That reminds me of when I was a cub leader.  Me and 2 of the other "younger" leaders took on the whole cub pack on a full size pitch. So they are about 8 - 12 years old.

We were winning for a while but it is SO exhausting because you just have to keep running non stop.  They caught up with us eventually as we stopped running.

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm really not sure I would be standing up looking over the top of their defences without even a helmet on jumping around. Mad things!

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm really not sure I would be standing up looking over the top of their defences without even a helmet on jumping around. Mad things!

I wouldn't be that's for sure. They're living in another world though so it's difficult to comprehend the behaviour at times. There is something quite tragic cheering death and destruction no matter how understandable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I wouldn't be that's for sure. They're living in another world though so it's difficult to comprehend the behaviour at times. There is something quite tragic cheering death and destruction no matter how understandable. 

And it's all down to one man. 

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Sky News going with the ‘mini-Auschwitz’ story this morning, no mention of the teeth belonging to the local dentist. They’re not gold teeth by the way, they’re discoloured stainless steel. 

Makes you wonder what else the big news corps get wrong. 

Yeah. To be fair I think there was a torture chamber and the teeth were stolen so the Russians could use them to scare prisoners held there - but nonetheless it does seem a fairly big correction that they really should be aware of.

I mean, the sheer number of teeth there means it’d probably be the biggest atrocity of the war. The average person doesn’t have very much metal in their mouth.

This thread shows a tank battle in Novooleksandrivka. Interestingly I found out the other day that Ukrainian forces have a drone detachment with each team covering different areas. It's like having CCTV in the sky 24/7. Drones really have changed the face of warfare surveillance. 

It was so obvious....

A group of armed Russian soldiers fled from Kherson to Ukraine — Meduza

A group of armed Russian soldiers fled from Kherson to Ukraine

6:45 pm, October 6, 2022
Source: Olga Romanova

A group of Russian soldiers escaped from the military unit of the Cossack detachment Don, located in annexed Kherson, and are currently wanted in Russia. Photographs of wanted posters were published on Telegram channels and social media, including on the Telegram of Ukrainian parliament member Oleksiy Honcharenko. 

According to the posters, 13 men escaped from the unit. They took weapons and ammunition with them, and stole two vehicles from the Russian Ministry of Defense.

It appears that at least three of the escapees lived in Moscow before participating in the war. 

The posters warn the public to “Exercise extreme caution while identifying or detaining individuals, they are armed with automatic weapons, pistols, under-barrel grenade launchers with ammunition, and hand-held grenades. They are extremely dangerous, they have combat and operational experience, they are suspected of a series of major and grievous offenses on the territory of Kherson.”

According to the latest information, the soldiers have traveled from Kherson to Crimea. They entered the peninsula in four cars. At the moment their whereabouts are unknown.

Pavel Chikov, head of the human rights group Agora, commented on the situation: “As expected, convicts who were sent to war armed themselves, formed a gang, and hit the road. With automatic weapons and grenade launchers belonging to the Russian Ministry of Defense.”

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Disinformation and propaganda comes from both sides but we are naturally very keen to believe stuff that supports ‘our team’ and dismiss stuff that doesn’t. 

It is not disinformation, more like misinformation. Or crap journalism in other words.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Apparent Russian chemical attack in Kherson. 

This has been questioned by a few people. I know nothing on the subject, but the claim is that chloropicrin wouldn’t present like this and wouldn’t be treated with bandages on the eyes, and it irritates the lungs so they wouldn’t be talking like this.

Don’t think I’ve seen any credible sources share it. Seems more likely they have severe burns from some kind of explosion?

Edit: and actually a nerve agent expert at RUSI, Dan Kaszeta, has said it’s definitely not chloropicrin, but appears to be a conventional injury. But has taken so much flak for it he’s protected his Twitter account.

Some claiming it’s actually Russian disinformation designed to scare Ukrainian troops.

Edited by KentVillan

Important breaking news from The Sun…

NUCLEAR BONKER 

Ukrainians organise 15,000-strong ORGY to take place on hill outside Kyiv in event of Putin launching nuclear bomb.

RAUNCHY Ukrainians have organised a mass orgy to take place on a hill outside Kyiv in the event of Vladimir Putin launching a nuclear bomb.

link

breaking news like this needs to be posted ASAP!

• Haha 2

Â