Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think with the exception of Stephen Hammond, these all have an army background?

David Davis pretty loosely (TA's before he went to uni) - but the rest, yes

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if its been spoke about yet as just catching up. But what's the reason a TB2 can't go and light up that convoy. Surey they have the Intel where it is.

The USAF would have "brought the rain', by now!

I'm sure there's probably several people here with greater insight than me but I'd imagine that it would be viewed as a significant escalation by Ukraine and justification for Putin to respond "in kind". I also wonder how many TB2's are in Ukraine's possession. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if its been spoke about yet as just catching up. But what's the reason a TB2 can't go and light up that convoy. Surey they have the Intel where it is.

The USAF would have "brought the rain', by now!

A TB2 has 4 missiles per sortie I think, They originally had 6 TB2 (don't know how many are left).

Wouldn't make much of a dent and put their entire drone stock at risk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

A TB2 has 4 missiles per sortie I think, They originally had 6 TB2 (don't know how many are left).

Wouldn't make much of a dent and put their entire drone stock at risk

They might be waiting until they can get a clearer view of what tank is carrying the termobaric attachment?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What was that on? I remember it but can’t remember which game?!

It's the little negotiation mini game on Theme Park.  Have to try and make the hands meet before all the cookie run out.

• Like 1

I really feel for the people of Ukraine and Zelensky is doing an amazing job...

Somehow feel Kyiv will fall in the next day or two and Zelensky will die, the Russians will not leave until they get what they want. Sad times for the human race, we have learned nothing at all really....

I do hope for a peaceful solution but just cannot see it unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It's the little negotiation mini game on Theme Park.  Have to try and make the hands meet before all the cookie run out.

Man I loved theme park! Make the food extra salty so they buy more drinks, that shit wouldn’t be allowed these days ha!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It wouldnt take too long too see what exact weaponry that convoy has, there's Surveillance up there now that can tell what the tank a commander has got on his sandwich.

It's assumed that the Russians are guarding the airspace over that convoy very carefully, and so any surveillance will get shot down immediately. 

Same reason they can't bomb the line of tanks from above, the planes/drones wouldn't last long enough to do a bombing run. 

And that's even if Ukraine has enough drones, bombs, missiles left to make a dent.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t see how Putin comes out of this? Any scenario in which he’s still alive means the country of Russia is going down the drain. 

I think his route out is a "ceasefire" once Kyiv is encircled and he has the majority Russian speaking / ethnic Russian and more pro Russian regions in East Ukraine and along Black sea coast occupied. He can then set up his Pro Russian states in those regions as it could be possible to have them controlled. Western Ukrain he'd need the Russian army to occupy and fight a large insurgency from the population there.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think his route out is a "ceasefire" once Kyiv is encircled and he has the majority Russian speaking / ethnic Russian and more pro Russian regions in East Ukraine and along Black sea coast occupied. He can then set up his Pro Russian states in those regions as it could be possible to have them controlled. Western Ukrain he'd need the Russian army to occupy and fight a large insurgency from the population there.

His route out yes, but the RoW won’t forgive it and the country will be alienated and will go bust eventually.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Rest of the world aren't going to let this rest now though is the point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But they still don't occupy any of the cities in that region, let alone the whole of the Donbass. Most of Ukraine's best forces are all in the east. No way that Zelensky (sp.) is going to agree to that in ceasefire negotiations.  

Â