• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder where all this leaves Georgia and Moldova who are also not members of NATO

Georgia will be worried. They've already got 'breakaway republics' with Russian control creeping further and further into their territory.

21 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I rarely watch the news but the coverage of this by the BBC and Sky News is pretty awful. Showing the same pictures over and over again. There's been 3 or 4 different versions of the Putin speech.

I think they're very wary of using any footage that they haven't verified. Social media was flooded earlier with old footage, and accidental disinformation doesn't help anyone at times like this.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Georgia will be worried. They've already got 'breakaway republics' with Russian control creeping further and further into their territory.

Just read up that Finland are also not a NATO member (along, surprisingly with Sweden, Ireland, Austria, Cyprus and Switzerland)………

Can imagine Finland are getting uncomfortable in particular of course.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just read up that Finland are also not a NATO member (along, surprisingly with Sweden, Ireland, Austria, Cyprus and Switzerland)………

Finland are sort if damned if they join NATO and damned if they don't. 

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Next time the Russians won't make the mistake of invading Finland in the winter. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Yeah that's the problem with social media. 

I’m waiting for the first fake “news” picture of which includes the same person in Ukraine and also Kosovo with a caption along the lines of the war isn’t really happening.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's at times like this I wonder if all the he/him, them/they pronoun stuff is what we should have been focussing on as a society.

It's ok to focus on more than one thing, but society in all honesty wasn't focused in this, the daily mail was. 

• Like 3

Republicans flapping all over the place trying to get their narratives straight. They admire Putin but despise Trudeau because *Trudeau* is a "dictator".

Edited by maqroll
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m waiting for the first fake “news” picture of which includes the same person in Ukraine and also Kosovo with a caption along the lines of the war isn’t really happening.

Well we've already had the Russian MOD chap saying they haven't invaded Ukraine, we've just gone into the Donetsk and we are using smart bombs and precision strikes

Â