Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

St Etienne want to get rid of Alex Soderlund, top scorer in Norway two years ago. Worth a punt for 2-5 million? We've got good track records with tall Scandinavian players and this guy seems like a good all rounder to have next to Kodija. 30 goals in the 2015-16 season for Rosenborg. Rosenborg replaced him with Bendtner. :D 

Edited by magnkarl

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

St Etienne want to get rid of Alex Soderlund, top scorer in Norway two years ago. Worth a punt for 2-5 million? We've got good track records with tall Scandinavian players and this guy seems like a good all rounder to have next to Kodija. 30 goals in the 2015-16 season for Rosenborg. Rosenborg replaced him with Bendtner. :D 

Dear god no! 2-5 million as well? Wouldn't want him on a free.

But the other guy in the picture I would have (Ole Selnæs), maybe we should trade him for Veretout as he also plays for St.Etienne.

• Like 1

I'm starting to get worried about the reports of all these promotion bonuses. How much more was it that Tony would have to pay Lerner if we were promoted the second season? If the reports are true, John Terry would get a good chunk if get promoted, and we will probably not be able to use him in the PL. I guess other players have promotion bonuses as well. As I see it, we only have a handful of players who are good enough for the PL, Chester, Taylor, Grealish, Kodjia, perhaps Lansbury and McCormack as well. Nevertheless we would need to buy half a new team to avoid another relegation battle. Considering an average player cost around £10m we are in for a hefty outlay, I hope we have money left! 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 16:16, Phumfeinz said:

I think that's just to be expected as treatment and healthcare technologies advance

I think it's just to be expected because you can earn upwards of £40k pw regardless of playing or win bonuses whilst continuing to live a playboy lifestyle. 

Wasn't the same in the olden days when no young fit girls would throw themselves at you as your just some old guy they've never heard of and you earn more money working a bar. 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm starting to get worried about the reports of all these promotion bonuses. How much more was it that Tony would have to pay Lerner if we were promoted the second season? If the reports are true, John Terry would get a good chunk if get promoted, and we will probably not be able to use him in the PL. I guess other players have promotion bonuses as well. As I see it, we only have a handful of players who are good enough for the PL, Chester, Taylor, Grealish, Kodjia, perhaps Lansbury and McCormack as well. Nevertheless we would need to buy half a new team to avoid another relegation battle. Considering an average player cost around £10m we are in for a hefty outlay, I hope we have money left! 

I'm guessing the board will be more worried than you. So they probably know what they are doing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I would say Soderlund is easily one of the worst strikers I have seen. He isnt even on the level of Marlon Harewood he was that bad

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

let's cross that bridge when the time comes...

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I would say Soderlund is easily one of the worst strikers I have seen. He isnt even on the level of Marlon Harewood he was that bad

More like a Jordan Bowery, or a Bokso Balaban?

Hi everyone

Well what with all this John Terry speculation, I am still concerned regarding this Villa team that still has not been addressed. Last season one of our main problems was lack of goals. So many times we tried to hang on 1 - 0 up only to lose or draw. Whereas if we had been 2 or 3-0 up we (probably) would have still won.

Too much reliance on "young Codger" we need more goals to come from elsewhere, we all know what happens when he is injured/suspended...

We need more goals...where are they coming from? I have seen nothing so far that changes things from last season

VTID (all the way from Suffolk)

BTW looking forward to the Colchester game...just 45 minutes from me (instead of 2 hours drive  to VP)...as Del Boy would say "Cushtie" :D

• Like 1

Anyone know more about Jota of Brentford except his stats? He has 1 year left of his contract, and I read Newcastle, Everton and West Ham is interested in him at about 8 million, so he might be out of our league already.

19 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hi everyone

Well what with all this John Terry speculation, I am still concerned regarding this Villa team that still has not been addressed. Last season one of our main problems was lack of goals. So many times we tried to hang on 1 - 0 up only to lose or draw. Whereas if we had been 2 or 3-0 up we (probably) would have still won.

Too much reliance on "young Codger" we need more goals to come from elsewhere, we all know what happens when he is injured/suspended...

We need more goals...where are they coming from? I have seen nothing so far that changes things from last season

VTID (all the way from Suffolk)

BTW looking forward to the Colchester game...just 45 minutes from me (instead of 2 hours drive  to VP)...as Del Boy would say "Cushtie" :D

Transfer season starts in July usually, I would expect the signings and sales will begin next week if not Saturday (JT :ph34r:)

No need to panic just yet!

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

From watching that video, id have a wild guess that he's not bad with his head but bloody awful on the deck. He seems to have the grace of a wild boar. Most of those goals are either scuffs or deflected efforts whereas the headers aren't too bad. Would I be close?

36 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Joe hart to follow Terry? :ph34r:

If by signing the vile John Terry we convinced Joe Hart to sign for us too then it'd soften my view of Terry - I'd just hate him very very very much instead of another five 'very's'...

I don't think we want to splurge 100's of thousands to get Hart and Terry here, I just can't see it being a good investment for the future. Then again we haven't exactly been known for wise spending since MON took over..