17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Great results last night. It is true that other results don't matter and it is all about what we are doing - BUT - as others have said, a win puts us 2 points off the summit, we haven't been close to the top of anything in decades. Would be a huge psychological boost and could make us a team of believers finally. 

That's not true, during the summer when we were in the PL we were always top, just ahead of Arsenal. 

Yowzers. I was at Nottingham Beer Festival yesterday so my faculties were somewhat impeded last night. I didn't realise there were a) so many games last night and b]  so many which were key to us. 

We really couldn't have hoped for anything better and the Bluescum winning beating Cardiff really does show anyone can beat anyone in this league. It really doesn't take much to stand out from the crowd at this level. 

Fingers crossed Cardiff now go the way Leeds are seeming to. 

Wolves game just seems to get bigger by the minute doesn't it! 

On 11/10/2017 at 21:35, Deisler123 said:

If you look closer at their stats:

for us finishing the 1st: 1%;  top 2: 3%; top 6: 12%. 

which means:  

we win the league: 1%

finishing 2nd: 2%

finishing 3/4/5/6: 9% in total.

Surely the chances should go higher in a non-linear fashion for lower places? Finishing the 2nd 2% and finishing 3-6 only 9% (average speaking, 2.25% for each position between 3-6)? So basically the prediction says that the odds of us finishing 1/2/3/4/5/6 position are almost the same..... One would expect the probability of our final position on the league table to be close to Gaussian distribution (maybe an asymmetrical one), but not this type of shit.

This makes no sense at all.

It's almost like they made up some controversial crap to entice people to click onto their Web page :detect:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yowzers. I was at Nottingham Beer Festival yesterday so my faculties were somewhat impeded last night. I didn't realise there were a) so many games last night and b]  so many which were key to us. 

We really couldn't have hoped for anything better and the Bluescum winning beating Cardiff really does show anyone can beat anyone in this league. It really doesn't take much to stand out from the crowd at this level. 

Fingers crossed Cardiff now go the way Leeds are seeming to. 

Wolves game just seems to get bigger by the minute doesn't it! 

Blasted stupid BBC sports site. I thought Leeds also lost last night to Sheffield Weds but it was a result from 1st Oct. Damn. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Blasted stupid BBC sports site. I thought Leeds also lost last night to Sheffield Weds but it was a result from 1st Oct. Damn. 

As you were 

18 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Say if we get promoted this season.

Are you guys worried of what a Premier league season would be like under this team and management?

I want promotion but a season in the Premier League with Whelan, Adomah and Bruce does not excite me..

I'm not worried about that because if this management team ever got us promoted then things would have drastically changed to how they are now.

No point worrying about it.

Play offs is where we are heading. 

Wolves have some style but if they go up it won't be enough to stay up. 

We have arguably the best squad the championship has ever seen , we're underperforming , we made Wolves looks better than they were.

We Need to go in to games with a biggie big bollox attitude and attack teams with conviction, Wolves were scared of us the first half and we let them grab the innovative. 

We will get close to going up but Bruce needs to go once this season is over whether we get promoted or not ....UTV

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Play offs is where we are heading. 

Wolves have some style but if they go up it won't be enough to stay up. 

We have arguably the best squad the championship has ever seen , we're underperforming , we made Wolves looks better than they were.

We Need to go in to games with a biggie big bollox attitude and attack teams with conviction, Wolves were scared of us the first half and we let them grab the innovative. 

We will get close to going up but Bruce needs to go once this season is over whether we get promoted or not ....UTV

Nope for me wolves are better than us this year

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'm not worried about that because if this management team ever got us promoted then things would have drastically changed to how they are now.

No point worrying about it.

I see your point and I agree. 

But my point is slightly different by saying that now is the time to build a style and philosophy not when we are promoted. Look at what happened to Palace when they tried to change their style, they reverted back to direct football. 

If we get promoted under this way of football, we will be very limited to our style, choice of manager and choice of player in the market. i.e Burnley, Brighton

The mentality that Wyness has of slugging it out in this league for promotion and then changing our style once we are promoted is friggin backwards..