17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, terrytini said:

Ha ha ha ha !!

See what you did there ?

Case proved I think ?

I said no team will get promoted automatically on 86 points !!

You say it’s enough

That is the whole debate.....

Crikey my chances of winning are slim aren't they.  I need the team in second to get 86 or less to win then? not just for the team in third to get 85 or less?

You know what Terry as I like you and I have provided the shovel and dug my own hole, and as it is for charity, I will take it. 

• Like 1

@markavfc40 I'd usually side with you on any argument, but your logic over the past couple of pages is massively flawed.

I can see why you've done it, the amount of points needed to finish above 3rd place. But what you're doing is effectively pretending the team in 2nd doesn't exist.

To finish 2nd last season, we would have had to have gotten more points than the team who DID finish second. Getting more points than the team who finished 3rd simply gets you 3rd place.

Think of it like a race. To get 2nd place in a race, you don't have to overtake the person in 3rd. You have to overtake the person in 2nd.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, terrytini said:

Quite. Not just top half, top 15.

Further to my Posts on this yesterday I would make this additional observation.

Bruce has played 13 Away games against sides in the Top 15.

Won 1

Drawn 2

Lost 10

Scored 5

Conceeded 22

Yep this is exactly it. Bruce needs to inprove on this significantly. I think we will. Just a hunch

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep this is exactly it. Bruce needs to inprove on this significantly. I think we will. Just a hunch

So we should keep him as manager so he can fail again, so next season we can navigating our way through ffp with the sales of Chester, Taylor & Kodjia (at least).

All on your Hunch?

Just now, Grasshopper said:

So we should keep him as manager so he can fail again, so next season we can navigating our way through ffp with the sales of Chester, Taylor & Kodjia (at least).

All on your Hunch?

Your only speculating he will fail, the next 2-4 games will tell us if it was just flash in a pan against poorer teams

My "hunch" or opinion is based on signs of improvements over the season. A load of games we would have lost season that we won/drew this year. I dont see the point of sacking him when we are 2 points form 4th. That would be very small heath like.

Like I have said previously, the next two games are against better opposition therefore will tell us if Bruce is the real deal or a big bag of puff 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Your only speculating he will fail, the next 2-4 games will tell us if it was just flash in a pan against poorer teams

My "hunch" or opinion is based on signs of improvements over the season. A load of games we would have lost season that we won/drew this year. I dont see the point of sacking him when we are 2 points form 4th. That would be very small heath like.

Like I have said previously, the next two games are against better opposition therefore will tell us if Bruce is the real deal or a big bag of puff 

bag of puff it is then

On 16/10/2017 at 20:57, markavfc40 said:

Over the next 11 games I think we an take 22 points. That would put us on 41 leaving around 45/46 from 23 games.

An average of 2 points a game.

So far, we have done that against teams in the lower half of the table, and just 1 point a game agaisnt teams in the upper half.

On 16/10/2017 at 21:07, TrentVilla said:

Not unless we start performing better against sides in the top half of the table we won’t.

Quite.  It requires a step change in performance,  not just an odd result nicked here and there.

And then if we somehow reach the playoffs, the teams we play are in the upper part of the upper half...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I am still holding onto a belief that we are at least as good as any other team, aside from wolves ha ha. Still think we will go up a gear yet.

If we can go up a gear it would be amazing and would probably get us promoted, but I think Bruce likes to stay in 2nd gear and plod along. 

I dont know about anyone else but, right now, the only thing I can see for this season is:

1) Villa beating lower teams.

2) Drawing mid table games. 

3) Losing to the top teams.

4) Gathering enough points to flirt around the top 6.

5) Tail off towards the end of the season and finish around 10th. 

We go again!

• Like 2