17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I quite enjoy it, but each to their own. 

It's just too early to be thinking about catching team x by them losing to team y by z amount of goals. I'll save that for April/May when it may actually count for something. But Yep, each to their own. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I will never surrender to wolves or any other team in this league. I believe we are capable of beating any side in this league with this current squad. 

Don't be daft. Lots of the Wolves players have exotic forrin names so they MUST be loads better than our players. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jareth said:

If Leeds slip up tomorrow and we then go beat Wolves after the break then the most we'll be away from the second promotion place is 2 points. Lose to Wolves and its suddenly 7 points away. MAHOOOSIVE game. 

Somebody should coin a phrase for the type of game which could cause a 6 point disparity between the teams playing :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I don't think Bruce has it in him to get us automatic promotion. I think we can expect a limp battle for the lower play-off places.

I'm more than happy with a "limp" battle for the play off places so long as we get promoted in the end.

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You know, I think we will beat Wolves, Fulham and SHA. It will be the moment we go from doubters to believers and realise that most teams in this league are a bit pants. 

If we do that, I am confident we will be champions. Unfortunately I think we probably lose to wolves, beat Fulham and draw at the sty 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If we do that, I am confident we will be champions. Unfortunately I think we probably lose to wolves, beat Fulham and draw at the sty 

Nope, wins all of them. I'm officially putting myself in dream-mode and anything less than 3 wins will have me crying into the scrumpy jack. 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

oct-form-Villa.jpg 

Clicky

That's interesting - looks like Wolves are pretty free scoring but also leaky in defence. Keep it tight at the back and hit them on the counter when they come at us - definitely a style of play that suits us. 

27 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its funny that Norwich have won 4 times yet only scored 5 goals!

Their defence were that humiliated to ship so many goals to us, it was like hitting rock bottom to start the road to recovery!