17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, John said:

Can we still qualify for Europe through that? :D

Just read up that it changed last year, it's no longer a route into Europe for anyone, it's basically where the country which has the highest fair play points overall, their Football Association gets money.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Maybe its the 20 pints over two evenings but I'm getting very nervous about a two leg fixture against Middlesborough, they are looking very likely to be our opponents. 

I'm nervous thinking of Adama up against Taylor. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

We are going to have on e distinct advantage over either Fulham or Cardiff if we play either in the final. That being that those two have to go hell for leather until the final day to get that 2nd spot. 

We, on the other hand, have had nothing to play for since Norwich away and can rest people and take it a bit easier. 

(In theory anyway)

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm nervous thinking of Adomah up against Taylor. 

I’m not, they are both in the same team, Adomah hasn’t got an og to his name I believe :P

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We are going to have on e distinct advantage over either Fulham or Cardiff if we play either in the final. That being that those two have to go hell for leather until the final day to get that 2nd spot. 

I'm as guilty as anyone thinking about that play-off final, but I seriously hope the players are focused 100% on the games before hand, we could totally cock this up. 

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll prove what we have been thinking all season if Bruce don' start resting some players.  It only takes Grealish to get a knock before the play offs an we may as well give it up.

He can't rest Grealish until it's mathematically impossible we can't make 2nd. At that point I agree we should be wrapping him up in cotton wool.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Prediction time!! 

I think we will lose the 1st leg against Middlesbrough, but win the second and win the tie. We will then face Fulham in the final.... and lose 3-0. 

I just think Fulham are too good. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Prediction time!! 

I think we will lose the 1st leg against Middlesbrough, but win the second and win the tie. We will then face Fulham in the final.... and lose 3-0. 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Prediction time!! 

If we get Fulham, we will have to hope Bruce is at his ultimate Defensive best.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Prediction time!! 

Sometimes the football gods have decided. We all saw one of the worst teams to ever play in Champions League final win after being 3-0 down against a world class Milan team. 

We saw a 10 man Chelsea team beat one of the best Barcelona teams in history and then went on to somehow beat a fantastic Bayern team even though they had a depleted defence. Messi and Robben both missed penalties in those games. Something that is unheard of. 

Fulham may be the better team. But in knockout competition the football gods will decide our fate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I accept that and hope we start again from scratch with completely new setup of management and coaches. Happy to stay in the league for several years if something big is built for the future. 

That’s a huge assertion.  Somehow in some timeline we do something we can’t do now.  Only then we do it with lesser financing, and lesser fan base.   Yeah, that seems likely.  

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

That’s a huge assertion.  Somehow in some timeline we do something we can’t do now.  Only then we do it with lesser financing, and lesser fan base.   Yeah, that seems likely.  

Ok maybe I should have said something is built for the future and missed out the word 'big'.

We haven't been able to do it now because it hasn't been the plan. The plan in terms of the future is get in to the top flight and then take it from there.

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fulham may be the better team. But in knockout competition the football gods will decide our fate. 

No such thing thankfully. How we play will decide our fate and in a one off game it's possible we could beat them.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm nervous thinking of Adama up against Taylor. 

You won't be after Taylor's first challenge on him! He'll be happy just to be able to walk past him, let alone run. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 2