17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Prediction time!! 

I think we will lose the 1st leg against Middlesbrough, but win the second and win the tie. We will then face Fulham in the final.... and lose 3-0. 

I just think Fulham are too good. 

Millwall could and should have been 2 nil up after 20 mins on Friday.

Fulham shit themselves and looked shit.

Everyone scared of 12 year old sessenong or whatever.. shall I tell you how to make a 17 year old look crap? Attack him.

I guarantee he isn't as good defending as he is attacking.. no 17 year old is an accomplished defender.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Not scared of any team in the play off spots tbh.

We have Terry, Chester, Grabban and Grealish.

If we don't go up, we can only blame ourselves. 

We also have Steve Bruce 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Prediction time!! 

I think we will lose the 1st leg against Middlesbrough, but win the second and win the tie. We will then face Fulham in the final.... and win 3-4. 

I just think Bruce's half-time team talks are too good. 

No need to thank me. Corrected for complete Villa Bias.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok maybe I should have said something is built for the future and missed out the word 'big'.

We haven't been able to do it now because it hasn't been the plan. The plan in terms of the future is get in to the top flight and then take it from there.

Maybe you misunderstood my concern.  I wan't worried about the word "big."  I was concerned about the word "if".  IF we rebuild something stronger from a solid base then staying down a while might be OK.  But there is no guarantee that staying down for a while WOULD result in building some stronger unified base for future growth.  If it was at all likely, all the premiership teams would be looking to get relegated so they could rebuild and be stronger.  That que is pretty short.  (WBA maybe :) )

Reminder, this is your statement "Happy to stay in the league for several years if something big is built for the future. "

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Maybe you misunderstood my concern.  I wan't worried about the word "big."  I was concerned about the word "if".  IF we rebuild something stronger from a solid base then staying down a while might be OK.  But there is no guarantee that staying down for a while WOULD result in building some stronger unified base for future growth.  If it was at all likely, all the premiership teams would be looking to get relegated so they could rebuild and be stronger.  That que is pretty short.  (WBA maybe :) )

Reminder, this is your statement "Happy to stay in the league for several years if something big is built for the future. "

Yes that's why I also used the word if ;)

I appreciate it's a massive if!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone scared of 12 year old sessenong or whatever.. shall I tell you how to make a 17 year old look crap? Attack him.

I guarantee he isn't as good defending as he is attacking.. no 17 year old is an accomplished defender.

Why on earth does that matter when he plays left wing for them?

Edited by Cizzler
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's played winger on more than a number of a occasions.

So?

I didn't say he was a winger x amount of times or a wingback x amount if times?

I just said "he's been a wingback on a number of occasions".

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's played wingback on a number of occasions.

He isn’t going to be playing left back or left wing back when we play them, so in the context of your first post it doesn’t really matter.

It’s like saying the way to make Adomah look crap would be to attack him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He isn’t going to be playing left back or left wing back when we play them, so in the context of your first post it doesn’t really matter.

It’s like saying the way to make Adomah look crap would be to attack him.

Oh ok. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Sessegnon isn’t playing LB at the minute 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It'll prove what we have been thinking all season if Bruce don' start resting some players.  It only takes Grealish to get a knock before the play offs an we may as well give it up.

What's that then?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Trust you to ask.

I'm sure you really know.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest Bruce's selection and managing of the squad. Fwiw I generally agree. 

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest Bruce's selection and managing of the squad. Fwiw I generally agree. 

I dont get it though. We still have a slim chance of automatic promotion so playing the reserve team would rightfully get Bruce a lot of stick. So resting those players who have been visibly knackered but playing Grealish who is not seems pretty sensible to me.