17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Maybe it was an imposter at his press conference last week and wearing a Bruce mask ? 

‘He made a point of saying he had never revealed the set target until last week - obviously 92 points would have been nicer but it is rarely needed . 

Well he is quoted so maybe it was him and he just forgot about that interview? Or, maybe he's going back on it to not make himself look like he failed to hit the required target? 

Who knows? Either way, we are where we are and he's taken promotion from this position so all eyes on him now!

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Well he is quoted so maybe it was him and he just forgot about that interview? Or, maybe he's going back on it to not make himself look like he failed to hit the required target? 

Who knows? Either way, we are where we are and he's taken promotion from this position so all eyes on him now!

I felt we may have have done it with 86 a couple of months ago but fulham and Cardiff have been superb in fairness - let’s hope fulham have peaked too soon . 

Can see fulham hitting 91 so Cardiff will like;y need to win 3 of the last 4 although derby are in free fall and Warnock will have his team pumped up for them after the postponement .

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

I felt we may have have done it with 86 a couple of months ago but fulham and Cardiff have been superb in fairness - let’s hope fulham have peaked too soon . 

One thing for me over Fulham we have more game changers from the bemc( than them

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing for me over Fulham we have more game changers from the bemc( than them

Very close to call between the 2 teams - I’d fancy us against anyone else far more but no doubt we can beat Fulham on our day .

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Looks like we will have a big day on which joins us in the play offs given our next two fixtures. It'd almost be worth dropping points against Derby and going all out to beat Millwall. 

Problem is I think even our reserves would beat derby ;)

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm not worried about anybody in the playoffs other than Fulham tbh, and even them we can take in a one-off game at Wembley. If we can't beat Boro or Millwall over 2 legs then we don't deserve to go up.

Didn't beat either at home though so the away leg could be vital.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Didn't beat either at home though so the away leg could be vital.

I think Grealish will be key in the play offs  and he didn’t  start either of those home games . 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't want boro over 2 legs. 

Dont get the hulabaloo over boro tbh. I think they are a painfully slow side ( traore aside ) . Full backs are very vulnerable. Snodgrass lost friend easy for the goal at their place .Id back us over 2 legs against them.

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Draw at home to QPR, win at Bolton and the table would look great right now - that (for me) is where we blew automatic promotion. 

You can pick out any non wins really, but i agree, it was the post Wolves demolition run of games that are most frustrating.

That dour draw at Hull in that run too, such a waste.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How the fecking he did we lose to bloody Bolton. That one angers me the most 

Still shell shocked from the QPR loss I think.

Although they subsequently went into good form, the QPR result annoyed me more. I obviously can’t prove it and I accept it’s only a gut feeling, but I feel like if we had played that game when it was originally scheduled, we would have won it. I think they had just been tonked by Forest and were there for the taking.

Like I say, only a gut feeling and it doesn’t excuse the shambles that actually occurred when we did play them, but I think the postponement of that game worked against us.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How the fecking he did we lose to bloody Bolton. That one angers me the most 

I can excuse that one as the conditions were awful and made it impossible to play decent football 

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot saying the snow conditions were the same for both sides, well yeah thats true, but if there was no snow im pretty sure we win that game. So i do blame the conditions for that loss.

All in the past now, looks likely it will be Fulham who miss out on automatic despite a 400 game unbeaten run. Bring em all on and hopefully the pendulum will swing our way

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Typical bloody Cardiff, not playing well, Forest with the chances, but they lead through a set piece. smh

This is a common theme with them. Really irritating just like last night with Fulham first half.

I'm 100% certain cardiff will finish bottom next year. They wont be able to get away with this football in premier league