17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 18/04/2018 at 14:14, Dante_Lockhart said:

If we get promoted this year via the playoffs I'll donate £50 to VT.

I want it to happen, but as everyone knows, betting makes everything more exciting.

In that case, why not bet the £50 on us to go up and if we do you can donate even more to VT?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, villarocker said:

In that case, why not bet the £50 on us to go up and if we do you can donate even more to VT?

Because if I bet the £50.00 and we don't go up I lose £50.00 - At least if donate it to VT it's at least being put to good use.

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

I look at it from the point of view “ who would I not want to lose to a competitor” and I’d say Terry, Chester, Snodders, Jack, and Kodja.

I do think the next best 8 or 9 are as largely as good as what I’ve seen elsewhere, but not necessarily better than.

The huge figure, for character alone but with such reading of the game and cool head,  ( and passing ability for a CB) has been Terry. We look so diminished even during a warm up without him, I’m pretty staggered by what a massive character he has come across as. Very rare I’m envious of other Clubs but I’m envious of the Chelsea fans who were able to watch that guy every week.

The contrast with when we bought Richards and Lescott for the same reasons is enough to make you weep !

When ever we’ve had decent success in recent decades it’s been with winners and leaders from other clubs. McGrath Houghton Townsend Richardson Laursen Mellberg. Players from clubs as Big or bigger or natural leaders that’s were we went wrong under Sherwood with the signings that summer. We had decent enough players but no leaders or strong characters. Terry is all those. We need more especially if we go up. There’s plenty of players with ability about it’s their chances character hat separates the good from the great. 

• Like 2

Well... automatic places are as good as gone. 

However... promotion is still in our hands. Win all our games and we make it. We just have to focus on our performances. We need Terry Snoddy Mile and Whelan to utilise their experience and drag these young lads through these play off pressure situations. We need premier league football for so many reasons. 

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I reckon that Millwall are going to beat Fulham tonight, I will then start to believe again and then come tomorrow my dreams will be smashed to pieces... I don't want to believe anymore

Yep.  Though I think we'll still be OK tomorrow and Cardiff will lose on Tuesday, just to keep that faint hope alive for another week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yep.  Though I think we'll still be OK tomorrow and Cardiff will lose on Tuesday, just to keep that faint hope alive for another week.

Ofc this will transpire. Peace of mind? Geddafookouttahere 

39 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I reckon that Millwall are going to beat Fulham tonight, I will then start to believe again and then come tomorrow my dreams will be smashed to pieces... I don't want to believe anymore

I dont, I think it will be tight but i can only see a Fulham win 2-1 

• Like 1

Jack was out when we played Fulham and i think we deal with Footballing sides better than we do with the more physical sides....We seem to be able to play our natural game better.

We beat Cardiff recently but it was tough and there was a few close shaves for us.

I would prefer to play Fulham out of the 2 .......only just.

2 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

I would much rather Fulham get 2nd, need them to win tonight.

No we don't, and I still find this ridiculous.

How could anyone not still hope all of our rivals lose whilst it is still mathematically possible to get second even though highly unlikely.

Once it gets to playoffs I really don't care who it is.

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How could anyone not still hope all of our rivals lose whilst it is still mathematically possible to get second even though highly unlikely.

Neither me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I completely get your sentiment, i'm just trying to be realistic.

I know you say you don't care who it is in the playoffs, but surely you have a preference on who we play and who we play over 2 legs?

• Like 1

While we hope for 2nd the playoffs look nailed on for us and until 2 weeks ago I thought we’d have Derby but it’s all gone barmy. Looking at the teams it goes all the way down to about 11th I think I need with a decent chance. I’m hoping for Preston now just because we’d get a Iot of tickets. Most of the others would be about 2k with maybe Boro giving us a decent amount but not sure on that. Without wanting to jinx us 38300 for the final would be wicked. 

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Well... automatic places are as good as gone. 

However... promotion is still in our hands. Win all our games and we make it. We just have to focus on our performances. We need Terry Snoddy Mile and Whelan to utilise their experience and drag these young lads through these play off pressure situations. We need premier league football for so many reasons. 

Technically we can get promoted without winning another game, as long as our penalties are well practised :)