17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

What a goal!

Just shows how good Fulham really are, Millwall unbeaten in 16 games.. 

This time tomorrow i'll be a Nottingham Forest fan for the evening, dont want to play Fulham in the play offs.. 

• Like 1

I remember about 10 games ago, in the middle of their unbeaten run, a lot of people saying they cant go the rest of the season unbeaten, wont happen. Well it looks like they have given their remaining games. Hats off and respect, been superb and deserve promotion. 

Unless we meet at Wembley. Then they deserve nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dick said:

Wish we had a manager who could identify problems and solve them. Rather than identify problems and decide 4 strikers up top solves everything. 

Well it’s all a matter of perspective isn’t it....

Fans have praised the job done at Millwall but had Bruce’s Villa gone out second half and stood off like that - compared to how they he’d have been slaughtered.....so did that goal come as a result of good management or poor management - or neither ?

I don’t draw a conclusion one way or the other I just think there are always more than one explanation !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

They might not even get there.

The next two games are Boro away and then at home to Villa. 

Could be all over for them!

Exactly, plus Derby are only 1 point behind them with 2 games in hand.

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Fans have praised the job done at Millwall but had Bruce’s Villa gone out second half and stood off like that - compared to how they he’d have been slaughtered.....so did that goal come as a result of good management or poor management - or neither ?

I don’t draw a conclusion one way or the other I just think there are always more than one explanation !

Yep, first half I thought Millwall were giving them way too much time on the ball and not pressuring them enough, standing off and soaking it up, yet they had the best chances and should have gone in ahead. 

Brilliant until Fulham bang in a couple then you look like you've handed them the advantage and thrown it away. 

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Fulham pushed their fullbacks and wingers higher, it's obvious from the first half. The manager saw a weakness that could be taken advantage of, and it worked.

He could have just thrown all the strikers on to be fair.

• Like 1

Embarrassing how much better at this passing and moving stuff fulham are than us

2-0 up away from home in the 70th minute and still looking like the better team, keeping the ball and not really under much pressure

Always wondered what that felt like 

• Like 2

Just now, Dick said:

Fulham pushed their fullbacks and wingers higher, it's obvious from the first half. The manager saw a weakness that could be taken advantage of, and it worked.

He could have just thrown all the strikers on to be fair.

Agree he did that first half ....I was referring to the early goal not being the result of any particular tactic, or, equally, just as much an example of poor tactics from Millwall......you will get no argument from me that Bruce doesn’t much in game tactical stuff.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Embarrassing how much better at this passing and moving stuff fulham are than us

2-0 up away from home in the 70th minute and still looking like the better team, keeping the ball and not really under much pressure

It’s only embarrassing if you consider it’s intrinsically superior. I can understand if people prefer it as a style ( I don’t) but don’t see why one style or another shoukd be classed as “ embarrassing”. Football has room for all sorts, and all are valid...in my view.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was about to say the same.

We had this debate on here last time I watched them against Brentford.

Sorry but it has reiterated my view.

Their passing, moving, mixing up of style of play, speed etc are far superior to anything I have seen from us.

The best way I can describe it is that we are very "Old school" and straightforward. 

Their manager has done a great job.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3