17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say the same.

We had this debate on here last time I watched them against Brentford.

Sorry but it has reiterated my view.

Their passing, moving, mixing up of style of play, speed etc are far superior to anything I have seen from us.

The best way I can describe it is that we are very "Old school" and straightforward. 

Their manager has done a gret job.

He has indeed, an exceptional job in fact. Not for the first time either.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say the same.

We had this debate on here last time I watched them against Brentford.

Sorry but it has reiterated my view.

Their passing, moving, mixing up of style of play, speed etc are far superior to anything I have seen from us.

The best way I can describe it is that we are very "Old school" and straightforward. 

Their manager has done a great job.

I still think we could beat them though. 

I pray for Cardiff but I still think on our day we could win. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fulham get Sessegnon. We get Hogan and MacCormack

Well, not really. A better comparison would be we get Grealish. That’d be comparing two players who have both been at their Clubs since a young age.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I still think we could beat them though. 

I pray for Cardiff but I still think on our day we could win. 

We could, and did !....and had no Jack or Albert Plus a botched team selection at their place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well, not really. A better comparison would be we get Grealish. That’d be comparing two players who have both been at their Clubs since a young age.

My bad. I was confusing him with Mitrovic. Thought he was on loan from the boys in the striped pyjamas. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I’d really rather not........:bang:

At the time I thought it was good business.

However since McCormack is pretty much a write off, for that sum, we prob actually could have gotten our version Neves/Sessegnon or some other top quality prodigy, wages included ffs.

Depressing.

• Like 1

Fulham looked sensational tonight......their ball control and decision making, was something else.....their key players find space with ease too.

Steve Bruce and Colin calderwood at the game too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Play offs it is (as anticipated for a while now). 

We may still face Fulham if we both reach the final. Cardiff need to slip up twice for Fulham to finish second. 

Yes and no, we win tomorrow only one point separates us and Fulham.

It's actually still Cardiffs to lose.

EDIT: Apologies, bloody table was not updated.

Yes playoffs it is..

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

let's cross our fingers Fulham go straight up or they will piss the Play Offs!!!

Great team stood up to what Millwall had to offer then let their football do the talking.

We would have lost that game tonight.

Play Offs are still open to 6 clubs fighting for 2 places.  We won't know who we face till the last day I think.  Hope it's not Brentford we never beat them!

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@TRO I've changed my mind, would rather not play Fulham:ph34r:

Yes i'm fickle:D

On that showing, I might too......no shame in it......I'm f*ckle( someone who changes his mind and don't care what anyone thinks)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fulham get Sessegnon. We get Hogan and MacCormack

Sessegnon is a really interesting player, cant really pigeon hole him, dont think hes a left back, left wing he drifts in to like a 2nd striker role, hes got to be real careful when the big boys come for him theres teams and managers out there that could get him badly wrong and then wonder what the fuss is

And the big boys are coming thats for sure 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Millwall would win today at home. To beat them away 3-0 is the real deal. If they don't make second our only hope is it demoralises them after such amazing form.

When a team like Fulham show phenomenal ball control.....you can't rule them out of anything.....Had they had made the right start, wolves would have been pushed all the way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sessegnon is a really interesting player, cant really pigeon hole him, dont think hes a left back, left wing he drifts in to like a 2nd striker role, hes got to be real careful when the big boys come for him theres teams and managers out there that could get him badly wrong and then wonder what the fuss is

And the big boys are coming thats for sure 

He has an incredible ability to read the game.....that first goal was down to awareness and his quick thinking allied to the athleticism, with a sprinkling of composure.

it was typical him.

Will be another leroy sane for me.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

When a team like Fulham show phenomenal ball control.....you can't rule them out of anything.....Had they had made the right start, wolves would have been pushed all the way.

@TROshame on you !!

For the last 36 games we’ve equalled Fulham....therefore if we’d made the right start ditto !

Keep the Faith !

• Like 1