17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Eastie said:

I’m shell shocked as I just did not see this coming tonight - it’s a bitter pill to swallow :(

Yes it is, and it's made that win against wolves count for **** all. I'm gutted we've slipped up tonight, but we still need to try and push on for that second spot. We are certainly good enough. Bolton on Saturday will be a very tough game, and probably a must win, especially if Cardiff win too. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We had already fallen away when we fell 4 points behind them.

It was always going to be a huge task to catch them.

4 points is not that huge , 7 points though is too much .

We got ourselves into 2nd place but dropped points against Fulham qpr and Preston have killed it .

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Play-offs are much more fun anyway. 

Certainly if you win the playoffs at Wembley and get a trophy too it is a great occasion - however I’m not sure we would get past fulham .

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Automatic promotion pretty much up in smoke and a defeat like this could really trigger a bad run of form.

Luckily we have a decent cushion from 7th place but tonight is a real hammer blow .

yep. We've undone our seasons greatest result in the space of 3 days, with the single most desperately poor performance. That is a level of incompetence that parallels with out final premier league years

• Like 2