17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

33 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If that is their plan to nullify us, and we'll see if it is when we play them, then they'll instantly turn in to one of my most hated teams. Really cynical, anti-football way of securing advantages over your competition.

I take it you missed the game against them last season here ?

dirty scoundrels 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

That is exactly what I am scared of. Grealish is clearly our focal point and probably the reason we are so good at the moment, so depending how the match goes, I could see Cardiff just hacking at him. 

There is no way a packed villa park crowd will allow that to happen. They are getting a man sent off if they do 

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no way a packed villa park crowd will allow that to happen. They are getting a man sent off if they do 

They’d probably trade getting a man sent off if it meant Grealish didn’t play again this season .

Cardiff kicked him all over the pitch last season .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

They’d probably trade getting a man sent off if it meant Grealish didn’t play again this season .

Cardiff kicked him all over the pitch last season .

Grealish destroyed them at villa park last year. He will want to prove a point. I’m not worried about that let them get key players banned

Cardiff have top four spot since the start of the season, only 3 rounds were we in front of them. Fulham have been below us for all but five rounds. Fulham were as low as 17 after 17 games. Might put a bit more pressure on Cardiff, been top two for most of the time. 

2 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Cardiff have top four spot since the start of the season, only 3 rounds were we in front of them. Fulham have been below us for all but five rounds. Fulham were as low as 17 after 17 games. Might put a bit more pressure on Cardiff, been top two for most of the time. 

What’s gone is gone -all that matters now is what’s to come .

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cardiff are 5th in the fair play table so are they really as dirty as everyone makes out?

But you are a self confessed warnock fan ;)

with Cardiff it’s all about what the officials don’t see .

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'd actually like to be promoted on Wembley.

Shame we'll go automatic.

The glamour and a trophy too - I see where your coming from and if it was guaranteed I’d take it but anything can happen if a one game even though I’d fancy us against Cardiff derby or boro .

1 hour ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

As it’s Norwich we’re talking about, I take it that she was your sister? 

She was from Brighton, so no.  :)

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Fingers crossed they can knobble Cardiff tomorrow night.

If, and it's a big if, cardiff win both games this week and we are still four points behind them:

8 games left, were they need to drop points in four games, as we also will drop a few points. Out of those games Cardiff have home games vs Burton, Forest and Reading. Thats five games left were they play top teams, but Cardiff are a top team too... Come on Brentford and Derby, fight for your play off places.

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The glamour and a trophy too - I see where your coming from and if it was guaranteed I’d take it but anything can happen if a one game even though I’d fancy us against Cardiff derby or boro .

2nd place gets a trophy now, I think.

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

2nd place gets a trophy now, I think.

Really? I never knew that - Brighton didn’t get anything when we drew the last game did they?

i know the play off winner gets a trophy 

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

Unfortunately it has not thus far.

I am surprised they are maintaining such good form.

@The Fun Factory was absolutely right in the Reactions thread. We are hitting form at exactly the right time.

It matters not if you were unbeatable before Christmas or even 4 matches ago.  If we hit top form right now we will give ourselves every chance of doing it.