17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

To catch Cardiff, the MINIMUM we need to do is:

• Beat them at home
  • Match their other results, except...
  • Find 1 more point than them

When you put it like that it doesn't seem too much to ask.

When you put it like that, i'm shitting myself. 

1 of those 3 criteria, yes fine. 

But we slip up on even one of those 3 criteria and we don't get promoted!

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Wouldn’t worry - they’ve got brentford, derby , sheff Utd and villa all away to play plus wolves at home - relax !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

There’s more to it though. Cardiff have to play Wolves and this week have 2 tough away games. There’ll be a few more twists and turns and shock results before we get to the promised land. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t worry - they’ve got brentford, derby , sheff Utd and villa all away to play plus wolves at home - relax !

We just have to concentrate on ourselves. I think we can be 2nd by the time they play Derby. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We just have to concentrate on ourselves. I think we can be 2nd by the time they play Derby. 

Exactly - win our 2 games this week and let’s see what warnocks got in his locker .

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cardiff playing 12 is interesting 

Indeed and after tonight’s tricky trip to brentford 4 of their next 5 are against teams in the top 9 , including 4 away games with tonight’s .

Bring it on !

Congrats to Cardiff - I really thought they would buckle tonight but they’ve been on their game while we have tossed it all away - I think that’s pretty much our chance blown of automatic and if we have to face Fulham in the play offs I think we are done for .

Tonight is a 6 point swing in Cardiff’s favour I didn’t see as I really thought we would close the gap to 1 point - 7 at this stage is too much for us .

From the heights to the depths in just 3 days :(

• Thanks 1

It's not over yet, but we will almost have to beat Cardiff when we play them. Can't knock Cardiff though, they have been as good as anyone lately, even though their style of football is open to a few moans. Second is still on the cards, but we can't afford no more slip ups. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's not over yet, but we will almost have to beat Cardiff when we play them. Can't knock Cardiff though, they have been as good as anyone lately, even though their style of football is open to a few moans. Second is still on the cards, but we can't afford no more slip ups. 

It’s over - let it go :(

we can only hope we so,ehow do it through the play offs but if we play fulham I just cannot see us beating them 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

It’s over - let it go :(

we can only hope we so,ehow do it through the play offs but if we play fulham I just cannot see us beating them 

Don't be so pessimistic. It's not looking great, but there are still plenty of games left, and we still have to play Cardiff. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't be so pessimistic. It's not looking great, but there are still plenty of games left, and we still have to play Cardiff. 

I’m shell shocked as I just did not see this coming tonight - it’s a bitter pill to swallow :(

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Thing is, we are not a bad team, we've just had a shocker tonight and now fallen away from second. Still in us to beat Cardiff and hope Wolves do the same.

We had already fallen away when we fell 4 points behind them.

It was always going to be a huge task to catch them.