17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

There is a difference between being as sharp as the opposition and being lazy.

Im just really disappointed terri. I would put tonight on par with Bradford.  

Crash and burned without a whimper :(

14 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think we will be above Cardiff by this Saturday but Fulham will keep winning and so must we .

if we finish above Fulham we will be promoted - Cardiff will not finish in the top 3 .

quite happy for whoever to repost this end of season if I’m wrong but I think there are 5 games at least that Cardiff won’t win and probably 6 , including 2 tough away games this week at brentford and derby .

looking at the remaining  fixtures if Cardiff do go up it will be a quite remarkable achievement by warnock and his bunch of cloggers .

OK thanks for showing me the error of my ways. 

I will now stop worrying about Cardiff and panic far more about Fulham which is who we are likely to come up against in the play offs.  I hadn't considered the bigger picture. 

Cardiff, the poor team with a Dinosaur manager who are going to fall away.  Yes right. 

Of course what no one was paying attention to was ourselves. 

It's the Villa way to get you excited and hopeful before giving you a firm boot in the tickly end. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My worry is will we even beat Cardiff.  They just keep on winning! 

If that happens they deserve to go up, can't complain.

If we play to our fullest, with a proper system, we'll beat them.

The highs of Saturday have all come crashing down tonight.  Really gutted, do think we've blown the chance of 2nd now. Cardiff just don't drop points, that's 7 wins in a row for them now I think. I worry we'd completely bottle it in the playoffs as well. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My worry is will we even beat Cardiff.  They just keep on winning! 

I watched them tonight. Were second best for most of the game. They took their chances and defended well once they got their noses in front. Brentford play olè football and try to walk it in the net. Against better teams they are beatable. They have Derby, Wolves, Sheff UTD and us to play (3 of them away) still. 

If Cardiff manage to carry on winning like they are, fair play to them they will deserve to go up.

Our form has been just as good as mosts, long way to go, mate. Cardiff and Fulham will drop points and drop points against some sides you don’t expect, like us tonight. 

Edited by deeps
Spelling error
  • Like 2

Disastrous result tonight. I think automatic has all but gone now.  The club still need to go all out for it because we can't afford to tilt right now, but Cardiff have that cushion which allows them to lose against Wolves and at Villa Park and still have their fate in their own hands.  We are pretty much guaranteed the playoffs, but it's such a lottery that I'd hoped to avoid it. 

• Like 2

The way the crowd was.. the players were. After that massive high.. we just weren't ready for another match. Nobody was up for this game. We expected to roll with the punches.. but you can't do that in the championship.

It's a one off most likely.. but unfortunately we have had too many one offs. Cardiff have won 7 in a row. Their not going to win another 9 in a row. Problem is we probably need to win 9 in a row to go above them now. 

It's gone. Same with Fulham. They may have peaked too early for play off football. I hope someone knocks them out before we have to play them.

Bruce has four promotions. All four we're through the play offs. Never once automatic. Looks like we're going that way.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This.

Saturday really took its toll both physically and mentally it seemed. 

It was 3 wins in a row.

The Wolves game we gave everything , our work rate in that game is what got us the win as we battled for everything but its going to take its toll with another game so soon and a team that is lacking some young legs .So you need to change it up , Bruce comments show he throught about changing it but didn't and that has proved costly ..whats worse is its not the first time he has left the team with no changes and its not worked.

No point having a squad if you don't use it 

• Like 1