17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Before the wolves game I’d of taken 6 points from the next 3 games. We beat Wolves and I’ll be one to admit I didn’t see that coming. I get the frustration losing 3 days later to QPR but there are still 27 points to play for and a lot of twists and turns to happen yet. 

We we need to beat Bolton to close the gap to 4 and hope Derby show up against Cardiff. 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

It's pointless because we bottled today. Even a point but conceding 3 to QPR that's poor

A - Er, football doesn’t work that way. Wins aren’t meaningless just because you lose as well lol.

B- we didn’t “ bottle it” to use the current fadhionsblebterm you used. We just list. It happens. 

C - was it poor when Cardiff lost to them as well then ? Are they “ bottlers” ?

• Like 4

I'm more concerned with the fact that if we don't go up this season we won't for a long time. The clubs that's came down were awful this year bar boro who started bad, next season we will have less money due to ffp and some of the potential sides to come down will be pretty much certs to go back up. 

We cannot afford another performance like that again this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

A - Er, football doesn’t work that way. Wins aren’t meaningless just because you lose as well lol.

B- we didn’t “ bottle it” to use the current fadhionsblebterm you used. We just list. It happens. 

C - was it poor when Cardiff lost to them as well then ? Are they “ bottlers” ?

We didn't bottle tonight? Did you watch the game?

We were completely outplayed at home. If you have real aspirations you at least put some effort in. It was a complete and utter bottle.job tonight

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

nah, Cardiff can easily lose to Wolves and us. We need to win 7 of 9. We have just won 10 out of 12 before today. It's not over. It's a shit night, but it's not over.

7 wins and we are on 90 points, 92 if the other two are draws. But we just lost the easiest game we had left.

Cardiff have to give away points in five of the nine games left. Fulham one point behind us, in great form and don't play a top 9 side for the rest of the season. It's not over, but a Cardiff win on sunday and it is. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We were completely outplayed at home. If you have real aspirations you at least put some effort in. It was a complete and utter bottle.job tonight

I don't think it was a bottle job, I think we were far too complacent, probably a few players who should have been rotated too.

I am still in the car park. I watch every game.

Im afraid I find that view laughable -  we didn’t play that well but to relate that to effort and mental fragility is .... well I won’t say I don’t want a warning.

I wonder, if we had lost to Wolves and smashed QPR if we would be as sure it's over. 

As others have said. 7 points, and 3 of them are ours to take leaving 4.. They've got some tough fixtures. 

Over? No. Tough? It's the Championship. 

• Like 4

Bolton could be a frustrating game. they play to not play so they can grind out draws. that's been their strategy for survival as of late. we must perform much better and diversify in our attack. we were way too predictable today.

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

I wonder, if we had lost to Wolves and smashed QPR if we would be as sure it's over. 

As others have said. 7 points, and 3 of them are ours to take leaving 4.. They've got some tough fixtures. 

Over? No. Tough? It's the Championship. 

Well said, Sir

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I am still in the car park. I watch every game.

Im afraid I find that view laughable -  we didn’t play that well but to relate that to effort and mental fragility is .... well I won’t say I don’t want a warning.

There was very little to no effort tonight I cant believe you think there was. We were poor on every way. Second to every ball not chasing no urgency. Just terrible all.round.

22 minutes ago, Dick said:

No, because Leeds are rubbish and we are good. It’s work if Wolves beat us and lost to Leeds, but not how you have it.

The last team to beat Cardiff in the league were Q.P.R.  Sometimes teams lose matches.

• Like 1

There was very little to no effort tonight I cant believe you think there was. We were poor on every way. Second to every ball not chasing no urgency. Just terrible all.round.

There is a difference between being as sharp as the opposition and being lazy.

Automatics have gone. I would have taken 12 out of 15 points from March, which admittedly is still achievable. But Cardiff won’t drop enough points for us to catch them I fear.

Just hope Fulham balls up the play offs.

• Like 1