17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Hey maybe if we win all 9 we might make up those 3 points we dropped to Cardiff. 

Gutless. Too busy high fiving after Saturday. Well you're 3rd in the championship so hang fire on that lads. So disappointed. It was nice of queens park real to give us a consolation after ending the season. 

Here's to a shitty 1-4 loss over 2 to boro in the playoffs! 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Attitude. When I see players jogging out to crosses at 0-0 I know it is going to be a shit night.

Scheduling too, same team, one day's rest, one day's work, then play another game. I'm not saying they weren't complacent, especially after the first one went in but 46 game season is never going to help with the quality!

There were always going to be unexpected results before the end of the season- unfortunately it was us on the receiving end of one.

2nd place is not definitely gone - Cardiff still have some tough games to come and we are still ahead of Fulham - but the margin for error from now on in is pretty much zero. Hopefully win the next 3 games which we are more than capable of and see where we are then. 

• Like 3

Edit: wrong topic

Playoffs it is as I did not expect Cardiff to win tonight. They just know how to win. This was our easiest game left. 

I worry about Boro in the playoffs.

Edited by omariqy

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's over.

nah, Cardiff can easily lose to Wolves and us. We need to win 7 of 9. We have just won 10 out of 12 before today. It's not over. It's a shit night, but it's not over.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's the hope that kills you.

Yep we had the hope for first time in years yet in typical villa fashion they spectacularly flop in a completely gutless performance. We have to concentrate on.finishing in the top 4 now. 2nds over

Like I said beating wolves 4-1 means nothing now.

People said Cardiff were going to struggle against Brentford

I don't buy the so called tough run in they have.

One of their games is against us and if we play like we did tonight we will get destroyed.

I actually fear for us against Bolton the weekend as well, they won't be a push over.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shocking stuff, how can we blow 2nd 72 hours after that Wolves game?!

Only the Villa could do that to us.

Embrassing performance and attitude from our senior pros tonight I'm afraid.

I don’t agree.

It was more likely wed lose that after beating Wolves.

Id barely recovered from watching it let alone playing in it.

Our players have run and worked themselves incredibly hard in recent weeks, and given everything mentally and physically.

It’s often almost impossible to maintain that level endlessly.

If we beat Bolton, get the long rest, then off we go still all to play for,

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep we had the hope for first time in years yet in typical villa fashion they spectacularly flop in a completely gutless performance. We have to concentrate on.finishing in the top 4 now. 2nds over

Like I said beating wolves 4-1 means nothing now.

How can it mean nothing ??!!

Had we list to Wolves and Won this most people would’ve said ok.

The 3 Points we got against Wolves could yet be priceless.

• Like 4

well tonight was such a huge downer of gigantic proportions - this was a cast iron win and a great chance cardiff would drop points. It was a very, very, very , very bad night. With 9games left momentum is key and we have gift wrapped momentum and nice healthy cushion to cardiff - and wolves. It was a categorial disgrace and failure of theplayers and management to perform when they needed to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

How can it mean nothing ??!!

Had we list to Wolves and Won this most people would’ve said ok.

The 3 Points we got against Wolves could yet be priceless.

It's pointless because we bottled today. Even a point but conceding 3 to QPR that's poor

Just now, Rodders said:

well tonight was such a huge downer of gigantic proportions - this was a cast iron win and a great chance cardiff would drop points. It was a very, very, very , very bad night. With 9games left momentum is key and we have gift wrapped momentum and nice healthy cushion to cardiff - and wolves. It was a categorial disgrace and failure of theplayers and management to perform when they needed to.

A joke yes ? A satire on the over reactions, surely.

Otherwise, I’m speechless.