17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, omariqy said:
Wolves Result Points Cardiff Result Points Villa Result Points Fulham Result Points
    76     73     69     68
Reading (H) W 79 Brentford (A) D 74 QPR (H) W 72      
Burton (H) W 82 Derby (A) D 75 Bolton (A) W 75 QPR (H) W 71
Boro (A) D 83 Burton (H) W 78 Hull (A) D 76 Norwich (A) D 72
Hull (H) W 86 Sheff Utd (A) D 79 Reading (H) W 79 Leeds (H) W 75
Cardiff (A) D 87 Wolves (H) D 80 Norwich (A) L 79 Sheff Wed (A) W 78
Derby (H) W 90 Villa (A) L 80 Cardiff (H) W 82 Reading (H) W 81
Blues (H) W 93 Norwich (A) D 81 Leeds (H) W 85 Brentford (H) D 82
Bolton (A) D 94 Forest (H) W 84 Ipswich (A) D 86 Millwall (A) D 83
Sheff Wed (H) W 97 Hull (A) W 87 Derby (H) W 89 Sunderland (H) W 86
Sunderland (A) D 98 Reading (H) W 90 Millwall (A) D 90 Birmingham City (A) W 89

Total Points   98     90     90     89

The run-in predicted. Not sure my heart could take that. 

Its funny, because I think GD is going to be crucial.

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Yup. Which is why beating Cardiff is vital. Not only for the points but the GD.

We will, its the banana skins that worry me.

27 minutes ago, omariqy said:
Wolves Result Points Cardiff Result Points Villa Result Points Fulham Result Points
    76     73     69     68
Reading (H) W 79 Brentford (A) D 74 QPR (H) W 72      
Burton (H) W 82 Derby (A) D 75 Bolton (A) W 75 QPR (H) W 71
Boro (A) D 83 Burton (H) W 78 Hull (A) D 76 Norwich (A) D 72
Hull (H) W 86 Sheff Utd (A) D 79 Reading (H) W 79 Leeds (H) W 75
Cardiff (A) D 87 Wolves (H) D 80 Norwich (A) L 79 Sheff Wed (A) W 78
Derby (H) W 90 Villa (A) L 80 Cardiff (H) W 82 Reading (H) W 81
Blues (H) W 93 Norwich (A) D 81 Leeds (H) W 85 Brentford (H) D 82
Bolton (A) D 94 Forest (H) W 84 Ipswich (A) D 86 Millwall (A) D 83
Sheff Wed (H) W 97 Hull (A) W 87 Derby (H) W 89 Sunderland (H) W 86
Sunderland (A) D 98 Reading (H) W 90 Millwall (A) D 90 Birmingham City (A) W 89

Total Points   98     90     90     89

The run-in predicted. Not sure my heart could take that. 

Think you have us more or less spot on. Bit optimistic for wolves and Fulham not to lose a game for the rest of the season. But you have draw in one of three for Fulham, so they might get 90 points or more if the win one more, even if they lose one or two.

But the frightening bit is that Cardiff are on the same number of points as us, and that include a win for us vs them, and only one win in seven games for a team that have won six in a row.

The cardiff match is likely going to make or break our season now. Luckily we are at home for that one, but Warnock is a bastard and it will be a tough match. I could see that match giving us more trouble than Wolves. 

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Have you had bad experiences of East Anglia @omariqy;)

Haha yeah I just realised that I have Norwich doing very well against all the top teams. I do think they are a good team on their day but they concede a lot. 

9 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Think you have us more or less spot on. Bit optimistic for wolves and Fulham not to lose a game for the rest of the season. But you have draw in one of three for Fulham, so they might get 90 points or more if the win one more, even if they lose one or two.

But the frightening bit is that Cardiff are on the same number of points as us, and that include a win for us vs them, and only one win in seven games for a team that have won six in a row.

Yup that's what I took away from it. We are going to have to be very very consistent. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

The cardiff match is likely going to make or break our season now. Luckily we are at home for that one, but Warnock is a bastard and it will be a tough match. I could see that match giving us more trouble than Wolves. 

Don’t get carried away - we could be above them this weekend .

wouldnt be surprised if warnock orders his hatchet men to put Grealish out for the remainder of the season though .

Edited by Eastie

Just now, omariqy said:

Yup that's what I took away from it. We are going to have to be very very consistent. 

All about opinions - I think we will win Norwich and hull and Cardiff will take 1 point at best from brentford and derby - only time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don’t get carried away - we could be above them this weekend .

wouldnt be surprised if warnock orders his hatchet men to put Grealish out for the remainder of the season though .

That is exactly what I am scared of. Grealish is clearly our focal point and probably the reason we are so good at the moment, so depending how the match goes, I could see Cardiff just hacking at him. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

That is exactly what I am scared of. Grealish is clearly our focal point and probably the reason we are so good at the moment, so depending how the match goes, I could see Cardiff just hacking at him. 

put a "Jack mask" on whelan.....and get him to roll his socks down.:D

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

They did last season too, 

If that is their plan to nullify us, and we'll see if it is when we play them, then they'll instantly turn in to one of my most hated teams. Really cynical, anti-football way of securing advantages over your competition.

13 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

If that is their plan to nullify us, and we'll see if it is when we play them, then they'll instantly turn in to one of my most hated teams. Really cynical, anti-football way of securing advantages over your competition.

That's Warnock!