17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Always the merchant of doom - for once get behind Steve Bruce and have some faith you old knocker ;)

‘you should be banging the drum of glory not playing the trumpet of defeat .

dont wobble now tro - stay strong and bold .

If we had Hutton and Tuanzebe as full backs i would, stay strong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

All we need now is for @Grasshopperto have a pop at @TRO for his running up the White Flag lol:P

No,no,no.......no white flag.......i don't do white flag.

just giving my views as to how it might pan out.

I would love to hear from the " hopper":)

ps Terry do you want to be my agent ? :D

Edited by TRO
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Nice, cheers for that.

Just out of idle curiosity, would that include the 94/95 season when Reading finished 2nd but lost to 3rd place Bolton in the play-offs?

I took the stats for the first 26 years from an article in April 2015 and then added the last 3 years myself, so I have no idea about that sorry. The original percentages they used did correspond to the 26 year period though, so perhaps they just counted 2nd as 3rd, 3rd as 4th etc.

• Thanks 1

I'd definitely take a draw right now but we have got enough to beat them. I've seen plenty of fans saying Grealish wouldn't get in their 18. Let's hope the Wolves player underestimate Grealish in the same way. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'd definitely take a draw right now but we have got enough to beat them. I've seen plenty of fans saying Grealish wouldn't get in their 18. Let's hope the Wolves player underestimate Grealish in the same way. 

A draw is a good result vs a team more than good enough for the top half of the PL. But a Cardiff win vs b'ham, and we are 6 points behind. 

I take a loss now, if Fulham and Cardiff take no points either. 

5 minutes ago, villa82 said:

A draw is a good result vs a team more than good enough for the top half of the PL. But a Cardiff win vs b'ham, and we are 6 points behind. 

The way I see it, goal difference permitting, it's still two games we have to make up on them.

If we get play-offs then I fancy us, this team has changed within a single season, we are very different now to 20 games ago. Wolves possibly don't understand this, which is why I think we'll do well tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I’m sure I’ll go on saying this until the seasons end...but I never understand predictions or feelings of woe.

Why on earth shouldn’t we beat Wolves and finish above Fulham and Cardiff ?

The stats show there are a few Clubs of similar capability, and, despite some very good football, Wolves are not Barcelona !

The time for concerns ( in my humble opinion) was when we laboured to get in the Top 6  - for a good while now we’ve shown we are as capable of winning games as anybody.

So even leaving aside things like Jacks Form not having been there previously, Grabban around to score goals, Snoddy and Albert playing with supreme confidence ( none of which was there the first six months) just on a simple assessment we are, at worst, in with an equal shout as Cardiff and Fulham.

There aren't enough likes for this. 

Our form is as good as anyone's, and better than most. We've lost once at home. We are still above the amazing Fulham. No reason we cant win tomorrow and go on to take 2nd. We're at least as prepared as any other side. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

When was the last time we beat Wolves, out of interest?

Robbie Keane screamer at Molinuex?

Good day that. I remember moaning about us loaning Robbie Keane thinking he was past it at the time. How utterly wrong I was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa82 said:

I think you are emphasising the most important thing about tomorrow.

In reality it’s arguable that a defeat for Cardiff is the most important result, followed by a defeat for Fulham, followed by a Win for us.....by that I mean we can be beaten by Wolves and it make little difference in itself - even if we win we’d still be 7 behind them, meaning to catch them they’d have to lose 3 more out of their last ten even if we won every game.

As such, whatever happens in our game a defeat for Cardiff will make it a good day. With us still to play / beat them at Home they’d only have to lose one other game for us to overtake them.

Having said that, I’m very confident we will get a Win tomorrow, Grealish Grabban Snodders Adomah And Hourihane means a goal threat unlike any Wolves will have faced.

Edited by terrytini

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good day that. I remember moaning about us loaning Robbie Keane thinking he was past it at the time. How utterly wrong I was. 

I quite fancy something like Tommy Johnstones kneecap/elbow/ backside combination from the Cup Quarter Final in ‘96..:P

• Like 2

Wolves fans chirping away on here. Why? Because they have given all their money to Mendes and sold their soul and now can't even afford to run their own fan page. I hope limpid is charging a premium fee for them to spout their 'glory' on here. :D

Spoiler