17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

Using agents illegally is the tip of the iceberg if the strory doing the rounds is true -far more serious than that if true .

I think Dr Tone knows whats going on.....he mooted as much recently and said as much as "it will all come out in the wash".....I think he is reluctant to get too involved.

Personally, I wish our name was'nt linked with any potential investigation.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Dr Tone knows whats going on.....he mooted as much recently and said as much as "it will all come out in the wash".....I think he is reluctant to get too involved.

Personally, I wish our name was'nt linked with any potential investigation.

He tweeted this?

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It’s sad that this story has broken in a week when we have a huge game for midlands football - tomorrow should be a classic , big crowd ,great atmosphere under the lights and plenty at stake , 

It could be just the motivation Wolves need......I am ****** off our name has been linked.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It’s sad that this story has broken in a week when we have a huge game for midlands football - tomorrow should be a classic , big crowd ,great atmosphere under the lights and plenty at stake , 

Agreed, it promises to be something special. 

Just in this ‘rivalry’ Thing, there seems to be the feeling on here that it’s the Wolves fans stoking this up and thinking we’re rivals. 

This isn’t really the case. In general we see things the same as you and while Wolves v Villa is the oldest league fixture in the world, it’s not really a rivalry I agree. 

Its true to say that with this investigation stuff and the game at the weekend there is a bit heightened this week. 

As I've said on here all season, generally I like Villa. 

This is just my opinion of course, you will find Wolves fans who aren’t so keen. 

6 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Agreed, it promises to be something special. 

Just in this ‘rivalry’ Thing, there seems to be the feeling on here that it’s the Wolves fans stoking this up and thinking we’re rivals. 

This isn’t really the case. In general we see things the same as you and while Wolves v Villa is the oldest league fixture in the world, it’s not really a rivalry I agree. 

Its true to say that with this investigation stuff and the game at the weekend there is a bit heightened this week. 

As I've said on here all season, generally I like Villa. 

This is just my opinion of course, you will find Wolves fans who aren’t so keen. 

Not sure we’d be saying mind  the gap if positions were reversed - we’d probably be taking more pleasure at blues troubles than thinking about taunting wolves . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not sure we’d be saying mind  the gap if positions were reversed - we’d probably be taking more pleasure at blues troubles than thinking about taunting wolves . 

This is all down to the noise coming out of Villa Park (staff, not fans) about Wolves all season. 

Plus it’s pretty catchy. 

I know it suits Villa fans to just write us off as obsessed, but it’s really not the case. 

I think I’m just going try and remain positive if we find ourselves 6 or 7 points off Cardiff after Saturday. Tomorrow is arguably our hardest game left and is possibly one of Cardiff’s easiest fixtures. So if the gap is going to increase, it’ll be most likely tomorrow. Plenty of time left to make that up, especially considering we still have to play Cardiff and their run in is tricky.

Fulham are a worry. My biggest hope there is while they’re playing bloody well and beating the better teams, I can’t see them maintaining this run. If they did, they’d deserve it.

Guess I’m just bracing myself to not get too downbeat! If we get the 3 points I reckon this winning streak will last for weeks.

• Like 2

I commented before the first game which played out quite well to what i said ,  so just thought it would be only right to give you my opinion for the second clash . 

Villa have improved from the last time we met ,and do think you can cause us some problems,  especially with your record at villa park , and the crowd behind you . You will have to get off to a fast start,  and most certainly have to score first and defend like your lives depended on it . Hutton was a class act the last time you played us and saved your bacon on more than one occasion. Shame  he won't be fit for the return match . 

The problem you will have is , I don't think you will be able to cope with our attacking flair once again . The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required , and with jota , bonatini and cav upfront , we are more than capable of dishing out a demolition job. 

Wolves will score goals I have no doubt about it , and you have caught us at just the wrong time with the demolition of Leeds in our previous match and our best player neves chomping at the bit,  back into the fold. I think the best you can hope for is a score draw , and that's if you can get at our back 3 with grealish or adomah . Danny bath is not the quickest of defenders (hint hint )  but great in the air and doesn't sherk a tackle . Coady has been superb this season and big willy boly is first class , so don't expect any change out of them . 

Looking forward to the match which is  hopefully a sell out with a great atmosphere. I would fully expect some mendez chants along with Keith wyness ones too , all in good humour of course. :) Good luck sat and for the rest of the season as you will need it . ;)  UTW 

Edited by Wolf man
Grammar

30 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

I commented before the first game which played out quite well to what i said ,  so just thought it would be only right to give you my opinion for the second clash . 

Villa have improved from the last time we met ,and do think you can cause us some problems,  especially with your record at villa park , and the crowd behind you . You will have to get off to a fast start,  and most certainly have to score first and defend like your lives depended on it . Hutton was a class act the last time you played us and saved your bacon on more than one occasion. Shame  he won't be fit for the return match . 

The problem you will have is , I don't think you will be able to cope with our attacking flair once again . The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required , and with jota , bonatini and cav upfront , we are more than capable of dishing out demolition job. 

Wolves will score goals I have no doubt about it , and you have caught us at just the wrong time with the demolition of Leeds in our previous match and our best player neves chomping at the bit,  back into the fold. I think the best you can hope for is a score draw , and that's if you can get at our back 3 with grealish or adomah . Danny bath is not the quickest of defenders (hint hint )  but great in the air and doesn't sherk a tackle . Coady has been superb this season and big willy boly is first class , so don't expect any change out of them . 

Looking forward to the match which is  hopefully a sell out with a great atmosphere. I would fully expect some mendez chants along with Keith wyness ones too , all in good humour of course. :) Good luck sat and for the rest of the season as you will need it . ;)  UTW 

Come off it. Fulham went at you and won 2-0. The table says we're better than Fulham by 1 to 4 points (game in hand dependent). Yet the best we can even hope for is a draw!? Bit arrogant.

Also, "demolition of Leeds". 3-0. Well we just "demolished" Sunderland. Three. Nil. Look at the form table (last 10 games). They're both level, rock bottom.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

The problem you will have is , I don't think you will be able to cope with our attacking flair once again . The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required , and with jota , bonatini and cav upfront , we are more than capable of dishing out a demolition job. 

You don’t scare us you old rascal   - we are ready for you ;)  Bring it on !

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Deluded wolves at it again, there will be no demolition job you are nothing special. You beat a Leeds side that are terrible they have absolutely nothing about them at all. Since the turn of the year your form has been in and around 6th place whilst we have constantly been top 2. Our top scorer last season hasn't played this season we've been without grealish half the time hogan hasn't found his form yet you've scored 6 more goals than us all season, so the flair of Lionel jota and Christiano cavalairo ain't all that either. You've had a good season yes but it's far from over and the arrogance from some of you lot is cringe worthy. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Deluded wolves at it again, there will be no demolition job you are nothing special. You beat a Leeds side that are terrible they have absolutely nothing about them at all. Since the turn of the year your form has been in and around 6th place whilst we have constantly been top 2. Our top scorer last season hasn't played this season we've been without grealish half the time hogan hasn't found his form yet you've scored 6 more goals than us all season, so the flair of Lionel jota and Christiano cavalairo ain't all that either. You've had a good season yes but it's far from over and the arrogance from some of you lot is cringe worthy. 

Now now don't get your knickers in a twist  just saying how I see it . All will be revealed come sat , (and I can say I told you so ;) )looking forward to coming to villa park and watching a great game with a superb atmosphere,  win or draw . All the best for the rest of the season 

20 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Now now don't get your knickers in a twist  just saying how I see it . All will be revealed come sat , (and I can say I told you so ;) )looking forward to coming to villa park and watching a great game with a superb atmosphere,  win or draw . All the best for the rest of the season 

Now now you old crow , when it comes to twisted knickers wolves take the biscuit , enjoy the game and revel in the atmosphere - but we are ready for your fancy dans ;)

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Now now you old crow , when it comes to twisted knickers wolves take the biscuit , enjoy the game and revel in the atmosphere - but we are ready for your fancy dans ;)

Expect nothing less Eastie !! Hopefully we get a great spectacle of football for both sets of fans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolf man said:

To be honest if the roles were reversed I'd be saying the exact same thing. There is no doubting who is the better team. The table doesn't lie. 

But in 90 minutes anything can happen. I also think we need the points much more than you and that will hopefully be telling. 

I think most would agree, on a purely footballing sense Wolves have played well and deserve to be where they are. Unfortunately it isn’t just about football at the moment as there are allegations that other rules have been breached. So although they may deserve to be there from a footballing sense, rules have been breached which may have enabled that quality to take place... then that isn’t deserved. 

Oh well, we currently know basically nothing so we’ll wait and see.

Edited by alreadyexists