17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Xia did a twitter about wolves a few months ago. Clearly he is unhappy about it. Personally if this was me, I would getting on the phone to a super agent like Mendes and get him to be on board if wolves are allowed to do it so should we!

sorry Demitri I completely misread your original post!  

But totally agree would love it if we was getting players through a super agent like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Ok be honest it can’t just be me ?

I know we’ve all got full, interesting, and busy lives....but is anyone else finding time is going excruciatingly slowly just now ........worse ( or better ?) than waiting for Christmas Eve.

(Although tinged with the terror that Santa might steal all your toys instead of bringing new ones)

:wacko:

Hang your stockings up terry - you never know what you will find in them ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep..I'm on here more than ever. Checking when all the matches are. Trying to make sure I'm not busy at those times. Looking for something to do on the weekend with the international break.

Certainly the most exciting times in years!

What a relief.

I was starting to think it WAS just me lol

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’ve given the Wolves thing some detailed thought and am certain now that it is an underhand deliberate fraudulent flouting of the laws, ethics, and spirit of the game and should be punished with the utmost severity.

Unless we did/do it, when it will be a brilliantly devised progressive strategy maximising use of the rules in an imaginative and dynamic way and should be held up as a model for football in the 21st Century.

Seems the efl giving it some thought too -

An EFL statement read: "At its meeting today the EFL Board considered at length the matter of the relationship between Wolverhampton Wanderers, majority shareholder of the club, Fosun and Jorge Mendes, in light of the recent concerns raised by a number of clubs 

"It was agreed that the EFL Executive will meet with the management of the Club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA and will report back to the Board in due course.

"It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet as part of the change of control, and appropriate arrangements were put in place to ensure compliance.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/11281281/efl-to-meet-with-wolves-management-over-regulations-regarding-third-party-ownership

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

Hopefully they are found in breach of regulations and get a 15 point deduction B)

If they were found guilty of breaching rules I’d expect far greater punishment than that.

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

lol Wolves would still go up even if they got a 15 point deduction. That would put them 4 off 2nd. 

make it 30 then :D

21 minutes ago, Dick said:

I think Wolves will be ok, they are perhaps doing something close to the line, but that is as far as it goes.

We have no idea - time will tell .

Edited by Eastie

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems the efl giving it some thought too -

An EFL statement read: "At its meeting today the EFL Board considered at length the matter of the relationship between Wolverhampton Wanderers, majority shareholder of the club, Fosun and Jorge Mendes, in light of the recent concerns raised by a number of clubs 

"It was agreed that the EFL Executive will meet with the management of the Club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA and will report back to the Board in due course.

"It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet as part of the change of control, and appropriate arrangements were put in place to ensure compliance.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/11281281/efl-to-meet-with-wolves-management-over-regulations-regarding-third-party-ownership

So nothing then. "Hey you are breaking the rules, as your punishment we are going to tell you the rules again then you can get back to us in a few months at which point you will be promoted already and we can all forget about this."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

So nothing then. "Hey you are breaking the rules, as your punishment we are going to tell you the rules again then you can get back to us in a few months at which point you will be promoted already and we can all forget about this."

Edit.

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seeing us still finish 3rd behind Cardiff and Fulham.

Imagine.

:trollface:

having to play Wolves in a play off final. We have poked the bear. 

• Like 1

Would be really good if we can get 3 points would really give us a confidence boost.

Would love to give them a pasting Saturday couldn’t give a toss about how they have got their players.

Some of the wolves fans at work the shite they come out with us frankly laughable.

• Like 1