17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Potentially (if Sheff Utd gets rearranged) the only tricky fixture we have until March when we play Wolves is Fulham away. The rest are definitely winnable. 

so we'll probably beat Wolves and Fulham and lose/draw against the rest :P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Not bad,..but..we have lost all games vs top 3. And 3 of our 4 wins are against 8th, 9th and 10th. Draws vs the teams around us. Tell us we are were we should bee in the table. 

Looking at BOF's table, I reckon most of those losses against the top teams have occured away from VP, we must be due to play them at home soon which will prove whether we have a chance of automatic promotion.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Looking at BOF's table, I reckon most of those losses against the top teams have occured away from VP, we must be due to play them at home soon which will prove whether we have a chance of automatic promotion.

We‘ll just have to sit back and see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Potentially (if Sheff Utd gets rearranged) the only tricky fixture we have until March when we play Wolves is Fulham away. The rest are definitely winnable. 

The way they are playing atm i dont want this re-arranged!

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Top 6 against each other would also be very interesting, 7-10th doesn't feel as relevant.    

Kind of disagree here, all those teams (1-10) are capable of making a run for promotion, and are probably the 10 best teams in the league.  This is as good an indicator as we will get IMO.

Much better than it was a few weeks back with the like of Forrest and Ipswich who were never going to stay the course.

52 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Not bad,..but..we have lost all games vs top 3. And 3 of our 4 wins are against 8th, 9th and 10th. Draws vs the teams around us. Tell us we are were we should bee in the table. 

All away from home though. Wolves deserved the win we were shit, Derby was a nice early xmas present from whelan and Cardiff well that was poor but our first away game with a  different team. I think we would destroy Cardiff if we were to play them at Villa Park now. 

• Like 1

We can beat any team in this league.....but just as easily get beaten....that is the dilemma.

consistency is our target.....get that and we can be ,what we want to be.

The Bristol game ( even factoring in their heavy schedule) proved to me, the players, the manager and the coaches, have it in their locker.

consistency is the enemy to conquer.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

5 of the 7 are at home with the 2 away being Fulham and Sheff Utd. 

We have a run of games now right up until Wolves on 10th March where *maybe* Fulham away aside you would make us favourites for every single one. 

Forest, Barnsley, Sheffield United, Burton, Birmingham, Fulham, Preston, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland.

I would go as far as to say we need to win at least 7/8 of them and chuck in a couple of draws. That should be enough to nudge us into 2nd. 

What we don't want to be doing is going into the last 5 needing to win more or less every one, with Cardiff, Leeds, Ipswich, Derby and Millwall away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We have a run of games now right up until Wolves on 10th March where *maybe* Fulham away aside you would make us favourites for every single one. 

Forest, Barnsley, Sheffield United, Burton, Birmingham, Fulham, Preston, Wednesday, QPR, Sunderland.

I would go as far as to say we need to win at least 7/8 of them and chuck in a couple of draws. That should be enough to nudge us into 2nd. 

What we don't want to be doing is going into the last 5 needing to win more or less every one, with Cardiff, Leeds, Ipswich, Derby and Millwall away. 

That run gets me quite excited.  Bring it on.