17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Eastie said:

Could be the turning point of our season - confidence gained from this will be immense in several players .

Grealish fully back, hogan and thor with goals. This result is perfect timing for us. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Grealish fully back, hogan and thor with goals. This result is perfect timing for us. 

Terry back too , elphick also looking a competent replacement , transfer window open too , happy days ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm never one to hide and you guys seem a decent bunch.

Tonights result is a bit embarrassing, from what I read we went for it after going behind which I like, but perhaps a bit too much so.

Currently out doing tech for a drama show so thats about all I can comment on the game.

After this and Wolves I think 8 games in 30 days with 7 injured might have taken its toll, but thats a seperate issue.

To be fair you were lucky to only get thrashed 5- 0 , always felt that when injuries hit Bristol , sheff utd and Cardiff would be exposed 

Villa have a great chance of making this a very special season for me as a fan. There are a couple of gaffers at my place who support Walsall and Albion respectively and I am hoping for both to get relegated. Mainly because of their dislike and jealousy of Villa. Then there's Blues, who could also go down. What a great season if those three go down and Villa go up :D

Also, there is a mad possibility that we could have three promotions and three relegations from the Midlands six this season with us, Wolves and Coventry getting promoted whilst Albion, Blues and Walsall get relegated. Surely that would be the first time in history for that to happen?

After the month we have had I can't believe we are 5 points off 2nd. Crazy. However, shows you how if we had a half decent month we would be right up there now. Still, we have a very good run of games coming up now so we really need to get as many wins as we can.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

We must take this chance today now to get back to where we were at the start of December and with a much kinder set of fixtures ahead - vital we win this game now 

This is why I'm really excited, never expected to be in this position after December and we have had some luck too. Now we have a run of games till the end of the season where realistically we have nothing to be afraid of, and most importantly while other squads are taking hits ours is practically expanding and there is serious competition for places. This result feels like the mid-point in a promotion story. 

• Like 1

Sheffield United will probably get postponed.

So we're looking at our next four as:

Forest (A)

Barnsley (H)

Burton (H)

SHA (H)

Got to be looking at 10 points from that lot.

That give us 54 points from 30 games and we'd be in a very strong position. Another 9 wins could be enough.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm never one to hide and you guys seem a decent bunch.

Tonights result is a bit embarrassing, from what I read we went for it after going behind which I like, but perhaps a bit too much so.

Currently out doing tech for a drama show so thats about all I can comment on the game.

After this and Wolves I think 8 games in 30 days with 7 injured might have taken its toll, but thats a seperate issue.

Fair play for being on here!

I was baffled by your tactical adjustment at half time, which seemed to involve plonking Flint up front as some kind of Gestede-type target man. I know he's tall, but he has none of the movement you would want from a forward player, and by effectively ceding any pressure on our defence, you allowed us to play the ball out from the back with time. Also seemed to move Reid further away from the goal, which didn't make much sense to me. I think we would have won no matter what tonight, we were just more on it, but Johnson's tactics were off IMO.