17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hughes really isn't that bad despite the recent stoke form.

Sorry Dem, I completely disagree. He is one of the worst managers I can think of. Mainly because he comes across as someone with an inflated opinion of himself and he never seems to take responsibility, there are always excuses.

He rides the coattails of his playing ability. 

23 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry Dem, I completely disagree. He is one of the worst managers I can think of. Mainly because he comes across as someone with an inflated opinion of himself and he never seems to take responsibility, there are always excuses.

..and we've already got someone like that in charge anyway!

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not sure i agree. Done steady but not spectacular. I think he wpuld do better than bruce in premier league. I tjink he would be a manager xia may look to if we went up.

59 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He definitely has an inflated opinion of himself as you put it. Plenty of people I know who've met him use a different phrase.

21 hours ago, Nigel said:

Stoke looking at Rowett to replace Hughes....shame:)!

Currently disputing favouritism with MON at the bookies!

Edited by Kingman

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure i agree. Done steady but not spectacular. I think he wpuld do better than bruce in premier league. I tjink he would be a manager xia may look to if we went up.

I would truly be horrified if we hired him. I'd prefer Bruce and that's how much I rate Hughes. 

He was crap at man city 

And he has pissed a heap of money away at Stoke, plus he is a miserable sod to listen to.

Again, no thanks 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

***Breaking News*** Leeds United forward Samu Saiz has been banned for six matches after being charged with spitting at an opponent in their FA Cup defeat by Newport County. 

The Spaniard, who can appeal against the suspension, has scored nine goals in 26 appearances for the Championship side this season. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42608121 

48 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Saiz banned for 6 matches for Leeds. Big player for them. 

Good player for them. 3 or 6 games ban didn't matter for us, as the last 3 games of the ban are top 6 teams (Cardiff, sheffU and BristolC) If Leeds by then have not played their game vs Hull, Fa cup weekend, the last game of the ban is Derby. 

Edited by villa82
Ad information

So Aitor Karanka to Nottingham. Congrats to him as this must mean he's now part of the never ending English manager rotation, where once you're in you'll always be employed again, and again, and again. 

Not sure how, or if this effects our promotion chances? Doubt he'll be able to lift them that much.

12 hours ago, sne said:

So Aitor Karanka to Nottingham. Congrats to him as this must mean he's now part of the never ending English manager rotation, where once you're in you'll always be employed again, and again, and again. 

Not sure how, or if this effects our promotion chances? Doubt he'll be able to lift them that much.

Certainly away fans should be thinking of taking a good book with them this weekend. 

• Like 1