17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Middlesborough players and style suit his game better for me.

I think he was found out at derby. He was out of his depth. If you can't get derby scoring goals (can't recall the stats but they really struggled) then how you going to get middlesboro scoring goals when they already struggle. Will be a terrible appointment for boro, fortunately. 

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Leeds just completed their takeover - i guess the new owner will provide decent transfer funds this summer.

Spending at this level luckily means **** all, as we have greatly demonstrated. 

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I think he was found out at derby. He was out of his depth. If you can't get derby scoring goals (can't recall the stats but they really struggled) then how you going to get middlesboro scoring goals when they already struggle. Will be a terrible appointment for boro, fortunately. 

He is not really out of his depth though is he? The last time he had a season in this division (before the months with Derby) he won it.

• Like 1

Don't rate Pearson

Woeful at Derby and i think Shakespeare and Walsh were the main reason Leicester did so well while he was there and not Pearson himself 

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

He is not really out of his depth though is he? The last time he had a season in this division (before the months with Derby) he won it.

But Bruce has been promoted 4 times and he's well out of his depth if you believe everything you read. As stated before, his back room team were massive. They won the league just after he only just kept them up! He's a shite manager and an absolute cockwomble

Huddersfield have just been promoted having lost 15 games and with a negative goal difference. They didnt even have a positive goal difference in the playoffs.

Promotion from this league next season should be there for the taking with this group of players.

• Like 3

On 24/05/2017 at 22:38, Mjvilla said:

But Bruce has been promoted 4 times and he's well out of his depth if you believe everything you read. As stated before, his back room team were massive. They won the league just after he only just kept them up! He's a shite manager and an absolute cockwomble

Only just kept them up??? I think you'll find he showed title winning form from March onwards - Leicester then won the title the following season with his team.

with respect I feel you are being Harsh - yes I agree he can be most objectionable at times - but as a football manager I'd take him over our present incumbent anyday of the week- did he not sign Vardy, Kante, Marhrez? gosh how many of us would like to have seen these 3 in the claret & blue?

18 hours ago, Dave J said:

Only just kept them up??? I think you'll find he showed title winning form from March onwards - Leicester then won the title the following season with his team.

with respect I feel you are being Harsh - yes I agree he can be most objectionable at times - but as a football manager I'd take him over our present incumbent anyday of the week- did he not sign Vardy, Kante, Marhrez? gosh how many of us would like to have seen these 3 in the claret & blue?

We managed to sign Veretout from under his nose.  Oh how Jordan must cherish the season he had in comparison :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 21:02, Dave J said:

did he not sign Vardy, Kante, Marhrez? gosh how many of us would like to have seen these 3 in the claret & blue?

No he did not

It was Steve walsh their head of recruitment and assistant manager at the time

36 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No he did not

It was Steve walsh their head of recruitment and assistant manager at the time

Do you honestly think that a head strong character like Pearson would allow any signings that he did not agree too- shrinking violet he is most certainly not- I'm not saying the other two that you mention did not play a significant part of their procurement - however I believe Pearson would also be intrinsically involved in signing them.

I feel that with a full pre-season of teamwork we could/should be challenging for the top 2 next year.

GK

JB JC NB NT

MJ

HL     CH

RMC

SH       JK

That team is more than capable of getting promoted and with players like Grealish, Green, Adomah, De Laet,Thor and even RHM to rotate in we should be up there.

On 2017-5-29 at 19:15, turvontour said:

Huddersfield have just been promoted having lost 15 games and with a negative goal difference. They didnt even have a positive goal difference in the playoffs.

Promotion from this league next season should be there for the taking with this group of players.

Absolutely. Doesn't look likely though.