17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

I dont know about anyone else but, right now, the only thing I can see for this season is:

1) Villa beating lower teams.

2) Drawing mid table games. 

3) Losing to the top teams.

4) Gathering enough points to flirt around the top 6.

5) Tail off towards the end of the season and finish around 10th. 

We go again!

Looks about right.

I think he will gather enough wins or draws to keep himself in a job, but ultimately fail.

• Like 1

Currently we are in the mix for a top 6 finish. 

59eb715a09033_ScreenShot2017-10-21at17_07_16.png.9c966358a4566fa8543dc7dfc102f1d8.png

The blues game is big of course but I believe that every game that we play in this league is big.

November is looking interesting. 

59eb71c830b1a_ScreenShot2017-10-21at17_08_36.thumb.png.fc4f0149a3ee84a9d9fbea5ad7e29dbc.png

The away games will be difficult but next month we should have Lansbury, Taylor & Grealish back in the fold . Andre Green should be back for December.

I am least looking forward to Preston. They are an underrated team.  

Edited by Reivax_Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't worry about that. We are in the play off spots. Bloody hell, how negative is your post :)

Sorry, it wasn’t meant to sound that depressed!

I thought I’d have been happier at the win, but  all the other teams winning dampened my spirits a bit.

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We need to go there and wipe the floor with them.

It's got to be 6-0. They are absolute horse turd and while they might be a bit fired up cos of derby day etc, after 15 though that will wear off and the gulf in class will come through. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's got to be 6-0. They are absolute horse turd and while they might be a bit fired up cos of derby day etc, after 15 though that will wear off and the gulf in class will come through. 

They will up their game and it will be a hostile atmosphere for us. We should win, but who knows what will happen.

Wolves are the only team that have stood out for me and I’m not convinced they have the squad to stay there if hit by injuries ; we need to be targeting a top 2 place and the fact we have won 5 of our last 6 games without playing to our best augurs well for the future - we have a big squad with quality on the bench too and there should be no reason we can’t target automatic promotion from here .

It might not be pretty but we are in a real position to kick on from here .

• Like 1

Way  I see it our home form will get top 6.

Our away form and our mentality away will decide how far or close we are to the top 2.

Wolves will win the league. They've got that Newcastle knack of dominating and winning and also not playing well and winning. Just saw the highlights v PNE and they weren't great but still went 3-0 up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They will up their game and it will be a hostile atmosphere for us. We should win, but who knows what will happen.

SHA are actually decent at home for their position. Won 3/6 this season against Bristol City, Sheff Weds and Cardiff so all teams in "our" league. Their away form is the reason why they're barely above relegation.

It will be the usual tight game. Would love us to hammer them but I'd be amazed. A controlled 1-0 or 2-1 win will be fine for me.