17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, jim said:

At this rate we’ll be lucky to even make the playoffs.

Well......Its true.

such is the magnitude of the drop in form.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Derby on pur tails. Could we actually drop out of the playoff places!?

It is possible. Only 8pts between us and Milwall with the last one being against them and 15pts to play for.

Our loss of form is staggering and we are in serious trouble imo.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Derby on pur tails. Could we actually drop out of the playoff places!?

Don’t see it happening - we probably need one win and I think we will beat Leeds . 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it is, and the players need to realise that...

Do they give a toss ? Half won’t be here if we don’t go up and the other half probably won’t be here if we do go up .

We have gone from hoping we don't run out of games to make auto to hoping the games run out so we don't fall out of the play offs ...we are a shambles at moment and we could easily miss out now

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We have gone from hoping we don't run out of games to make auto to hoping the games run out so we don't fall out of the play offs ...we are a shambles at moment and we could easily miss out now

We won’t miss out - one win will be enough . 

Millwall have got to play villa Fulham sheff Utd and boro yet .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

We'll make the play offs. I'd imagine 4 points at most is needed. Boro and Millwall are 7 and 8 points behind, have each other to play and other very tough fixtures.

Ideally we need to finish 4th. Derby still have Wolves, Cardiff and us to play so hopefully we can get our act together, have a decent end to the season and secure fourth and go into the play offs in some kind of form.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

We do realise Derby are only 5 points behind with a game in hand yeah? 

This is truly woeful form from a team looking for promotion. Easily 2nd if we hadn't bottled it against the shit teams.

"Where the f*** that Wolves win come from Bruce"!!

Not worried about Derby. Away at Wolves in the week, recently demolished at home by Sunderland. Either way looks as if theyll be our semi final opponents. Plus a warm up league fixture to get a measure of them. One side will probably be played into form whoever wins that one. But would be my pick of possible playoff opponents all day long.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We do realise Derby are only 5 points behind with a game in hand yeah? 

This is truly woeful form from a team looking for promotion. Easily 2nd if we hadn't bottled it against the shit teams.

"Where the f*** that Wolves win come from Bruce"!!

Likely we will play derby over 2 legs . 

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's highly unlikely we won't make the play-offs, although I'm not at all confident that we'll get through there because it's a bit of a lottery.

I'm beginning to think we're lucky that it is lottery. If it wasn't, we'd probably be out on first round.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Plus a warm up league fixture to get a measure of them.

You think Bruce will have the nous to get the measure of Gary Rowett? Rowett like everyone else in this league has already got the measure of us, and we havent a clue how to set up to beat anyone. 

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think we're more likely to play Boro in play offs given the run ins.

Can’t see boro getting above either villa or derby - not convinced boro will make top 6 either .They have derby sheff Utd bristol city Millwall and Ipswich to play - not easy at all .

Edited by Eastie

I think we will win the play offs. I have no real reasoning for this other than a faint hope that once we get there, regardless of Bruce tactics, the players will throw caution to the wind and have a real go. If they are let off the leash they could do some damage. Regardless, Bruce out at the end of it all