17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Can only hope fulham come 2nd from here and we somehow get our game together in the play offs - to be honest our recent away displays we would get hammered by anyone away from home unless we get our act together fast . 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This team wont beat cardiff or fulham over 2 legs, 1 off game at wembley with us lot down there in huge numbers id fancy our chances vs just about anyone

Have a feeling Cardiff could blow up from here - maybe villa v boro at Wembley which I’d fancy - in a one off game I’d take us against anyone other than Fulham - over 2 legs though not sure we’d get a good enough result away to stay in the 2nd leg .

Just now, Eastie said:

Have a feeling Cardiff could blow up from here - maybe villa v boro at Wembley which I’d fancy - in a one off game I’d take us against anyone other than Fulham - over 2 legs though not sure we’d get a good enough result away to stay in the 2nd leg .

I don’t fancy us against anyone after watching that garbage. Complete bottlers who don’t seem to care.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do Cardiff always look like they will equalise when losing while we just fizzle out. If we're being honest we're shit and don't deserve to go up. 

because Warnock doesnt completely panic and derail his team with terrible subs

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh come off it, knackered?? They have been shit since the QPR game. If they are knackered then they shouldn’t be professional football players.

terry is 38 and don’t see him being knackered

With the greatest respect mate - they are knackered. You may not like that but it is a fact - hence they were both subbed. They are no spring chickens and they're responsible for most of our assists and goals this season. 

I would give Cardiff a freebie because they would beat our best eleven anyway. Just get them out of the league and focus on the play-offs where our toughest possible game would be against a footballing team in Fulham. Get our best eleven fresh and injury-free because those 3 games are now all that matters - sod the rest.

Starting eleven v Cardiff should include Bunn, Bree, Samba? Suliman? Taylor, Whelan, Lansbury, Odomah, Green, Davis etc. I don't familiarise with players on loan but it doesn't matter - just protect our best eleven and keep them for the play-offs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

With the greatest respect mate - they are knackered. You may not like that but it is a fact - hence they were both subbed. They are no spring chickens and they're responsible for most of our assists and goals this season. 

I would give Cardiff a freebie because they would beat our best eleven anyway. Just get them out of the league and focus on the play-offs where our toughest possible game would be against a footballing team in Fulham. Get our best eleven fresh and injury-free because those 3 games are now all that matters - sod the rest.

Starting eleven v Cardiff should include Bunn, Bree, Samba? Suliman? Taylor, Whelan, Lansbury, Odomah, Green, Davis etc. I don't familiarise with players on loan but it doesn't matter - just protect our best eleven and keep them for the play-offs. 

I would fancy our chances more against Cardiff than Fulham. 

Edit:the time comes when playoffs is Mathematically secured then yes I would expect changes. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a rebuild we will need in the summer

If its done the right way im all for it. We would be annihilated in the premier league with this manager and his shotgun approach to signing players, footballing approach or lack of.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t fancy us against anyone after watching that garbage. Complete bottlers who don’t seem to care.

Bottlers are people who can’t handle the pressure - this to me looks more like several players who couldn’t give a toss either way .

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would fancy our chances more against Cardiff than Fulham. 

i dont fancy our chances against anyone right now. teams will be looking at us and saying "they're catchable" and if millwall need a win last game of the season to take our playoff place i know where i would put my money

• Like 2