17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i dont fancy our chances against anyone right now. teams will be looking at us and saying "they're catchable" and if millwall need a win last game of the season to take our playoff place i know where i would put my money

I think 3 points would be enough from here - no doubts for me that we will be in play offs - we need to be at our best however in the play offs or we will get beat 

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

With the greatest respect mate - they are knackered. You may not like that but it is a fact - hence they were both subbed. They are no spring chickens and they're responsible for most of our assists and goals this season. 

I would give Cardiff a freebie because they would beat our best eleven anyway. Just get them out of the league and focus on the play-offs where our toughest possible game would be against a footballing team in Fulham. Get our best eleven fresh and injury-free because those 3 games are now all that matters - sod the rest.

Starting eleven v Cardiff should include Bunn, Bree, Samba? Suliman? Taylor, Whelan, Lansbury, Odomah, Green, Davis etc. I don't familiarise with players on loan but it doesn't matter - just protect our best eleven and keep them for the play-offs. 

I disagree mate. Terrys older yet he seems to be ok. Adomah has been utter shit for weeks . Made little to no effort for me. Snodgrass has also been less effective bit not as bad as adomah.

No way I fancy us more against cardiff than fulham.  Fulham would wipe the floor with these losers

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bottlers are people who can’t handle the pressure - this to me looks more like several players who couldn’t give a toss either way .

They seem to crumble under pressure I think they are bottle jobs and some just don't care as you say.

We can do ourselves a favour on Tuesday by beating Cardiff and then hopefully allowing Fulham to finish second.  Regardless of how crap we have been lately I'd fancy us against any of the other likely play off teams apart from Fulham over two legs and in a final.

I think it is vital we finish 4th though as otherwise we play the second leg away and I'd be much more confident with the second leg at home.

Still a lot to play for but Bruce has to do what he has failed to do since the Wolves game and get us up for it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We will get slaughtered in the play offs, no way we will win it.

we will sneak to the final on away goals and in the most Villa way possible lose 4-0 at Wembley 

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We can do ourselves a favour on Tuesday by beating Cardiff and then hopefully allowing Fulham to finish second.  Regardless of how crap we have been lately I'd fancy us against any of the other likely play off teams apart from Fulham over two legs and in a final.

I think it is vital we finish 4th though as otherwise we play the second leg away and I'd be much more confident with the second leg at home.

Still a lot to play for but Bruce has to do what he has failed to do since the Wolves game and get us up for it.

I don't, Cardiff absolutely raped us earlier on in the season, and that's before they were in such amazing form.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we will sneak to the final on away goals and in the most Villa way possible lose 4-0 at Wembley 

It would be more Villa to convincingly smash the opposition over two legs going into Wembley as favourites and THEN lose 4-0.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

It would be more Villa to convincingly smash the opposition over two legs going into Wembley as favourites and THEN lose 4-0.

No, it would be more like Villa to have a sell out at Wembley and then give a half arsed performance, with no shots on goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

No, it would be more like Villa to have a sell out at Wembley and then give a half arsed performance, with no shots on goal.

All of the above was clearly implied by the 4-0 loss. We all know how the story goes..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't, Cardiff absolutely raped us earlier on in the season, and that's before they were in such amazing form.

We'll see won't we. On our day we are capable of of giving any side a good beating as we have shown. 

If Cardiff go into the play offs they will be on a downer as they will have relinquished second and feel they have already wasted an opportunity. We can help make that happen.

There certainly isn't anything to fear in the likes of Derby, Boro, Bristol, Millwall.

In fairness it is all about us though isn't it and which Villa side turns up.  When we are up for it we are very good. When we aren't as we have seen lately we are crap. If we aren't up for it in the play offs though then there is something seriously wrong.

For the rest of this season it is about ensuring we finish fourth therefore ensuring we play our second leg at home, which given Derby have two games in hand is now in the balance. It is also about ensuring we go into the play offs with some positive momentum and turning around this run of one win in our last five.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

It saddens me to say this but on the basis of what i have just seen......I don't see them winning another game.

Mate, come on, you're better than that. It's a reactionary statement. 

We've played our best players in almost every game possible. The automatic places have gone so Bruce needs to be smart now and protect our best players and keep them for the biggest 3 games in our recent history - simples!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

We'll see won't we. On our day we are capable of of giving any side a good beating as we have shown. 

If Cardiff go into the play offs they will be on a downer as they will have relinquished second and feel they have already wasted an opportunity. We can help make that happen.

There certainly isn't anything to fear in the likes of Derby, Boro, Bristol, Millwall.

In fairness it is all about us though isn't it and which Villa side turns up.  When we are up for it we are very good. When we aren't as we have seen lately we are crap. If we aren't up for it in the play offs though then there is something seriously wrong.

For the rest of this season it is about ensuring we finish fourth therefore ensuring we play our second leg at home, which given Derby have two games in hand is now in the balance. It is also about ensuring we go into the play offs with some positive momentum and turning around this run of one win in our last five.

Agree on our da we can beat anyone - not so bothered about playing at home in the 2nd leg as I’m worried we could get turned over away in the first  leg and the opponents park the bus in the 2nd leg at villa park . 

I’d quite fancy starting on an even keel at villa park and trying to get a lead to protect for the 2nd leg - ultimately it’s all about which villa turn up on the day .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I fear in 5 years time we we still be in the same position we are now, debating the same problems just with different players and a different manager. 

I reckon if Aston Villa was a wounded animal it be decided that it would be more humane to put us down rather than let us suffer in pain any longer.

Im past blaming anyone as I think there a many people over the last decade that should share the blame.

It's sad... I don't watch or listen anymore just check the results and a quick browse on here. 

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Been saying this for a while. Finishing 4th is vital.  We will implode second leg away from home