17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Where we are right now and players coming back, we have drive home the wins.

we cannot seek any solace in draws.

draws at the bottom are valuable.....at the top they polished defeats.

we have had too many draws.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Our home form will decide where we finish now. If we attack like we did against Bristol we will get automatic. Let’s hope this is the start of the football we want to see. 

We need to win every game.....the points we drop will seal our fate.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We need to win every game.....the points we drop will seal our fate.

With 60 points to play for there will be highs and lows and we don’t need to win every game to go up , the majority yes but not all .

we have many of the lower teams to play away and should pick up plenty of points also on our travels - it’s very much achievable and I’d say 44 points would surely be enough .

• Like 1

I want us banging in the goals too. Make sure we have a clear GD advantage if things are tight for 2nd at the end. Derby are 2nd, we can eat this for breakfast if we are positive about it!

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

With 60 points to play for there will be highs and lows and we don’t need to win every game to go up , the majority yes but not all .

we have many of the lower teams to play away and should pick up plenty of points also on our travels - it’s very much achievable and I’d say 44 points would surely be enough .

Yeah I’d go along with that. 

That works out to be around 14 wins and a couple of draws. Looking at our remaining fixtures it looks difficult but not impossible. 

All the games are crucial obviously, but when I look at the remaining fixtures it’s the three home games against Cardiff, Leeds and Derby in April that look like it’ll be make or break for us.

We'll need just above 2 points per game from here on in. We have a shot at this given the home games against the top teams - but now it is down to the players more than ever, need every single one to put a shift in and no more stupid errors like Whelan. I am banking on our competition for places to see us through, literally every position has it apart from up top so let's get a decent striker in pronto. 

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think you have taken me slightly, out of context.

I am saying we should be telling ourselves that or targeting that.....not that mathematically we have to do it.

We are in the top 6..........dropping points will tell us where we finish.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think you have taken me slightly, out of context.

I am saying we should be telling ourselves that or targeting that.....not that mathematically we have to do it.

We are in the top 6..........dropping points will tell us where we finish.

That’s more in context , You old rascal ;)

On 06/01/2018 at 11:55, Villan_of_oz said:

I want us banging in the goals too. Make sure we have a clear GD advantage if things are tight for 2nd at the end. Derby are 2nd, we can eat this for breakfast if we are positive about it!

Bruce? Positive? His pre match press conferences sum him up. All he ever does it talk our chances down, make excuses and tell us how hard work everything is.