Villa losses trebled in accounts

Eastie

In fairness didn't Wyness recently say that there was no real debt at the club? 

There is no doubt we are a financial black hole for any owner, I hope Tony will continue to love us.

i never really slated Lerner, despite his obviously ridiculous approach to owning the club. He clearly lost a staggering amount of money on us during his love affair with the club.

I get the impression will Tony, that he is fundamentally a businessman. But that he doesn't view us as a financial project, we compliment his other activities. 

As others say, when/if we get in the premier league in the next 2 years, all of this will be forgotten. I suspect we will end up with a fairly generous Chinese based sponsorship deal next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, I won't be forced to read miserable tripe like this anymore. 

Charming.

You know nobody is actually forcing you to read stuff yes ?

And are you really comfortable calling others posts tripe ?

Youve posted stuff that is, shall I say, very contrary to some things I think, but being a civil chap ive never just resorted to calling it tripe.

My heartfelt view at the moment is that much as Villa have been a huge part of my life for 50 years the last few have been so utterly appalling that if I was put out my misery it'd be a relief.  For as long as the Club exists I will continue to go to all the home games and a good chunk of the away games because I could never turn my back on the Club, but I often wish it was all over.

Why is that tripe ?

( That's a rhetorical question by the way I'm not interested in an ill mannered debate).

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Charming.

Youve posted stuff that is, shall I say, very contrary to some things I think, but being a civil chap ive never just resorted to calling it tripe.

My heartfelt view at the moment is that much as Villa have been a huge part of my life for 50 years the last few have been so utterly appalling that if I was put out my misery it'd be a relief.  For as long as the Club exists I will continue to go to all the home games and a good chunk of the away games because I could never turn my back on the Club, but I often wish it was all over.

Why is that tripe ?

( That's a rhetorical question by the way I'm not interested in an ill mannered debate).

The thing is terry saying things like when the club is binned will be relief you have yo expect it's going to really annoy people 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Charming.

Why is that tripe ?

So - if I understand correctly - you're hoping for a serious and civil discussion about your hope that the club is wound up then?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Terry you have followed us for over 50 years so have seen worse than this when we went into the third tier. If you’d have been told then that a decade later we’d have won the top league Championship and European Cup you’d have thought it was crazy talk but it happened. I am not saying it will happen again but this club will definitely rise again.

I can sense your pain mate not just in this thread but in others but now is not the time for wishing it was all over now is the time for rolling our sleeves up and getting behind the club and helping it back to where we all want it to be.

As for these financial results clearly the 79 mill in exceptional items is what we need clarity on before they can be judged properly. For what it is worth I think they will be one off items related to Lerner’s departure from the club leaving a couple of mill in actual operating losses which would have been expected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Terry you have followed us for over 50 years so have seen worse than this when we went into the third tier. If you’d have been told then that a decade later we’d have won the top league Championship and European Cup you’d have thought it was crazy talk but it happened. I am not saying it will happen again but this club will definitely rise again.

I can sense your pain mate not just in this thread but in others but now is not the time for wishing it was all over now is the time for rolling our sleeves up and getting behind the club and helping it back to where we all want it to be.

As for these financial results clearly the 79 mill in exceptional items is what we need clarity on before they can be judged properly. For what it is worth I think they will be one off items related to Lerner’s departure from the club leaving a couple of mill in actual operating losses which would have been expected.

And there is the sensible and civilised retort that Terry might have been seeking :)

OT -

Not sure what to make of the news in the accounts listed as I am poor at maths and finances tend to bore me apart from understanding red/black/profit/loss. It sounds a lot of money, but in Continental Europe, 80m is just a couple of top player fees. But for us in the Championship, it's actually quite a lot of money. I assume/hope that Tony has a plan to stem the tide. We can't just go on forking out and forking out. At some point, we have to perform on the pitch to justify that spend.

Terry - chin up sir. I know sometimes we all type stuff that is driven by emotion. And it wasn't that long ago, I was of the frame of mind that Villa should be put down like a lame horse writhing around in agony after falling on a racecourse. It coincided with some personal challenges I faced too. But both I, and Villa (hopefully) are through it. I am tempted to say Proud History, Bright Future... but that might stir up some bad memories!!!

Keep going Terry :)

• Like 4

The way I see it is The Villa are a loss leader for Dr Tony its his way of tapping into the billions of pounds on offer for the redevelopment of Brum.

He will have a clear plan on what he is doing and will have done due diligence on acquiring us.  

These alarming figures will be all in his long term ideas so relax.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

In fairness didn't Wyness recently say that there was no real debt at the club? 

There is no doubt we are a financial black hole for any owner, I hope Tony will continue to love us.

i never really slated Lerner, despite his obviously ridiculous approach to owning the club. He clearly lost a staggering amount of money on us during his love affair with the club.

I get the impression will Tony, that he is fundamentally a businessman. But that he doesn't view us as a financial project, we compliment his other activities. 

As others say, when/if we get in the premier league in the next 2 years, all of this will be forgotten. I suspect we will end up with a fairly generous Chinese based sponsorship deal next season.

He gets better tax rates because he owns an international sports company, recon will be paying something like 10% less tax because of us, "compliment" is an understatement!

That will have a figure though, the rule is he just has to own us, he doesn't have to make us successful or pump loads of money in

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is terry saying things like when the club is binned will be relief you have yo expect it's going to really annoy people 

Like any and all other Posts and posters I expect to be able to say how I'm feeling without it being called 'tripe, pathetic, and mental'.

I have no problem with people having a different view, nor with people saying they can't understand why I would say it.

I have no problem with people feeling angry  - although why how somebody feels should be a cause for anger I have no idea - I see a lot of stuff that I find hard to fathom, that I am opposed to, but never call the posters names or belittle what they think.

For an example of how to take issue with what I said without being abusive or insulting  see Marks Post above.

Some of you have reacted as if my feeling that way puts your Club in danger !!

I go to most games home and away. I sing almost none stop throughout. I have never booed before during or after a game . I have spent tens of thousands of pounds on the Club. In the last six years or so I have - like everyone - watched us become a laughing stock, and serve up precious little of what could even remotely be called entertainment.

And yet when I post - slightly humourously but with a weight of real sadness behind it - my feelings on a site for fans to air their views I'm told I'm pathetic, talking tripe, and mental.

Apart from being a rather poor way of airing a view it hardly helps make the whole ' adventure' more endearing.

(And Mark, whilst you make valid points I started watching us the year we were relegated to Division 3 and apart from the initial disaster as we hit rock bottom it was mostly positive after....it never felt like this long term free fall, to me anyway).

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

@terrytini perhaps you can DM me a full list of the words I'm not allowed to use to describe your posts, I promise to refer to it before I reply in future.

Personally, if you think I'm talking crap go ahead and say so. No issue with that, at all.

I thought what you posted was tripe. You then explained yourself, which is fine, I still think it's tripe to wish the club were wound up. That said, be careful what you wish for eh because you just never know. 

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Like any and all other Posts and posters I expect to be able to say how I'm feeling without it being called 'tripe, pathetic, and mental'.

Why? 

That's frighteningly sensitive. If you'd said that to me in person I'd still say it is, in my opinion of course, miserable tripe. What's the problem? We're adults with the freedom to express ourselves however we wish. I wish no personal ill will on you. 

Take a break man. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@terrytini perhaps you can DM me a full list of the words I'm not allowed to use to describe your posts, I promise to refer to it before I reply in future.

Personally, if you think I'm talking crap go ahead and say so. No issue with that, at all.

I thought what you posted was tripe. You then explained yourself, which is fine, I still think it's tripe to wish the club were wound up. That said, be careful what you wish for eh because you just never know. 

Just because you are happy to be spoken to a certain way doesn't mean it's ok. 

Right there in that post is a lot of the reason why interaction between people is often less civil than it should be.

If I didn't care whether you threw rubbish in my garden would it be ok for me to throw it in yours ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? 

That's frighteningly sensitive. If you'd said that to me in person I'd still say it is, in my opinion of course, miserable tripe. What's the problem? We're adults with the freedom to express ourselves however we wish. I wish no personal ill will on you. 

Take a break man. 

I just dropped in to this thread, and its just my opinion but I don't mind the word tripe or mental. However I had one of my posts called pathetic and it did get a reaction.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? 

Take a break man. 

It really isn't sensitive and I don't need your advice on 'taking s break'. 

If calling something tripe/ mental/ pathetic is ok what if I say you are thick, ignorant, and childish ?

If that's okay what if I say you are scum ? What if I say your views are subnormal?

If that's ok...etc.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I just dropped in to this thread, and its just my opinion but I don't mind the word tripe or mental. However I had one of my posts called pathetic and it did get a reaction.

Pathetic response. Why even bother posting anymore!

Spoiler

:trollface:

• Like 3

Â