Villa losses trebled in accounts

Eastie

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Buying the cream of the crap from the Championship was always going to be a transfer strategy that was financially terrible.

So far it hasn't worked out on the pitch either.

The numbers for this season will be horrible as well.

This all depends on what the exceptional circumstances are. We've got a brand new squad who will do a lot better next year. The DR and Wyness seem to know where we stand and how we are going to move forward. Hopefully that loss is extra money written off so we started with a clean slate last summer. If so we will be fine. Promotion is a matter of urgency though but we knew that already. Numbers wise I think this year and next will be ok then we lose the parachute payments but I reckon we will see large. Sponsorship deals happen this summer to help towards FFP  

Couldn't Xia/Recon have paid Lerner the amount as part of the purchase price of the club rather than it being on the club's head, or is better for the club to be in the red to avoid tax. Either way, Lerner would have to pay the same amount of tax on it I would guess? 

21 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

This all depends on what the exceptional circumstances are. We've got a brand new squad who will do a lot better next year. The DR and Wyness seem to know where we stand and how we are going to move forward. Hopefully that loss is extra money written off so we started with a clean slate last summer. If so we will be fine. Promotion is a matter of urgency though but we knew that already. Numbers wise I think this year and next will be ok then we lose the parachute payments but I reckon we will see large. Sponsorship deals happen this summer to help towards FFP  

I am no expert but I don't see large sponsorship deals unfortunately, not even with Tony's contacts.

We are nobodies nowadays :(

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Numbers wise this year we will be a long way off, a very long way off.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Buying the cream of the crap from the Championship was always going to be a transfer strategy that was financially terrible.

So far it hasn't worked out on the pitch either.

The numbers for this season will be horrible as well.

We didn't even do that, we made some terrible transfer decisions this season. 

*EDIT initially read your post as 'cream of the crop' LOL

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fail to go up next season and things are going to go pop.

I think the club is screwed next season is Bruce is still manager.

I can't see us going up under him not based on how crap we have been so far.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Coming last in the Premier League this season is worth around £101 million with TV deals and what not, whereas the TV deal in the Football league is worth around £6 million for each Championship club. Factor in the parachute payments which will be around £39 million for us this season, there will be a loss of around £60 million income for us not being in the Premier League.

Next season our parachute payment will reduce to around £31 million and for our third season the parachute payment will reduce to around £12 million meaning that promotion becomes almost a necessity next season.

Under FFP rules, losses are calculated over a rolling three-year period up to a maximum of £39 million, i.e. an annual average of £13 million, assuming that any losses in excess of £5 million are covered by owners injecting equity. A higher loss one year can be compensated in later years, e.g. via player sales, or might even become irrelevant (if the club is promoted).

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And for a long time people defended Lerner passionately. Amazing the potential long term damage that idiot could cause. 

He is not to blame for the complete shit show this season to be fair. The start of the Xia reign reminds me a lot of when Lerner 1st arrived, spending vast amounts of money with no plan for when is goes spectacularly tits up. Lerner had a dream of champions league, Xia has a dream of being in the premier league. Xia, like Lerner is going to be very disappointed is a couple of years and drastcallly out of pocket. 

It seems we haven't learnt from past mistakes, paying way over the odds for players who frankly are nowhere near as good as their fees suggest and giving them way too much money each week.

A net transfer spend of £60m to end up with a squad this crap on the back of an £80m loss is quite a remarkable achievement.

Edited by KHV
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Wow RBS eat your heart out! Imagine what next years figures will come in at. We are the worst ran club in football.

I want FFP to kick in, it will force us to stop spending silly money on complete shyte.

No thanks - it could mean widespread sales at cut prices and playing a bunch of academy players  .

vital we go up next season .

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Especially when you factor in fees for players that are not even playing games for us.

McCormack 12 mill Tshibola 5 mill Golini 5 mill

We really have wasted some money

Scott Hogans fee could potentially go up to £15m which is eye wateringly ridiculous. Jedinak on near enough £60k per week is also mind boggling.

• Like 1

Â