Villa losses trebled in accounts

Eastie

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep that's what wyness said. But he did hesitate when asked if we didn't go up next season either.

He also said how crap FF is as doesn't do what it's intended to do. FFA protects the bigger clubs that's what it's there for.

We have to be realistic....Dr Tony may be a billionaire but he isn't going to keep on pumping in 50m + season in season out for us to keep finishing mid table in the championship.

We need to get promoted sooner rather than later....I personally think it's a must next year. If we don't go up then very difficult times ahead I think and could define the next 10 years.

For once it would be nice if the team could deliver on the pitch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Yet he was our CEO and he got in someone else to do the Commercial role, didn't he? If he did, it maybe worked well, so either way, something to change the status of his time here from total unmitigated disaster to, er, almost total unmitigated disaster

My post wasn't really a defence of him nor Randy Lerner for appointing him in the wrong position. 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My post wasn't really a defence of him nor Randy Lerner for appointing him in the wrong position. 

I know. I was just identifying that it wasn't him who was the commercial bod.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I know. I was just identifying that it wasn't him who was the commercial bod.

Appreciated. However as CEO he oversaw all aspects of the club, including commercial which no doubt he took a keen interest in. 

Good stuff from Wyness.

That's what  I was getting at the other day when I said it'd be helpful if the Club commented on the figures.

Puts to bed any worries and confirms we are in good hands.

• Like 1

The only worry I have is that the "calculated gamble" of investmentin players and wages is set to promotion.

Promotion this (ship sailed) season,  latest next season.

All in the hands of Steve Bruce

• Like 1

Birmingham mail have pointed out that Tom Fox was paid £2.9 million last year. That seems like an awful lot of money for someone who played a significant part in our relegation. 

Lerner truly was a **** idiot. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Birmingham mail have pointed out that Tom Fox was paid £2.9 million last year. That seems like an awful lot of money for someone who played a significant part in our relegation. 

Lerner truly was a **** idiot. 

He was one of the highest paid CEO's in the Prem League.

• Like 1

Since the accounts were released on the Companies House website yesterday, here's a more detailed breakdown of the accounts.

2016                    2015

Total Revenue (excluding player sales)-                £108.816M           £115.692M

Profit on player sales-                                            £34.764M             £375K

Player Amortisation-                                              £16M                    £19.6M

Total Wages-                                                         £93M                     £83.7M

Worth noting that we never made a profit under Lerner. Infact, we made total losses of £332M. Staggering.

Breakdown of wages for all the teams to have released their 15-16 accounts:

1- Man U- £232M

2- Chelsea- £222M

3-Liverpool- £208M

4-Man City- £198M

5- Arsenal- £195M

6- Villa- £93M

7- Everton- £84M

8- West Ham- £83M

9- Stoke- £82M

10- WBA- £74M

11- Norwich- £67M

Just goes to show that spending money is not just the answer. I guess our form this season backs that up as well. 

Amazing how badly we've performed, how shit our players have been and how much we've paid for the pleasure of both. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just goes to show that spending money is not just the answer. I guess our form this season backs that up as well. 

Amazing how badly we've performed, how shit our players have been and how much we've paid for the pleasure of both. 

I believe wages should be largely results related and the incentives to succeed will reward them - paying huge wages whatever the result is no incentive.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I believe wages should be largely results related and the incentives to succeed will reward them - paying huge wages whatever the result is no incentive.

It doesn't matter that you believe this. Players won't agree to those terms.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

It doesn't matter that you believe this. Players won't agree to those terms.

Make the wIn bonuses bigger and the added huge bonuses based on league position and they could earn more if they believe they are good enough.

the fact we paid £30k plus to most players with 3 wins in a whole season really angers me - this club has become a place to go for easy money .

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Make the wIn bonuses bigger and the added huge bonuses based on league position and they could earn more if they believe they are good enough.

the fact we paid £30k plus to most players with 3 wins in a whole season really angers me - this club has become a place to go for easy money .

Or they just sign for a club that doesn't use bonuses.

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Potential win bonuses don't pay the old mortgage :)

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Or they just sign for a club that doesn't use bonuses.

Rather hungry ambitious players who know the rewards are great for achieving results than someone here for the money whatever the result .

of course that's how in the ideal world it may be but sadly most players are in in for the cash and you are right.

• Like 2

Â