Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

Whilst I suggested it’s nice and empty before kick off it is still the case that the actual quality of service is dreadful, even then, it’s just there’s more time for them to put things right.

The same problem doesn’t exist at Away grounds.

If I get in early ( so I’m comparing like with like, and no big crowd surge) at Fulham, Burton, Sunderland, Wigan, wherever, it’s always well informed competent staff.

Get in early at Villa, it’s a 1/10 chance of that. Far more likely they act like they’ve never been to the kiosk/ club before. We are definitely doing something wrong.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

Whilst I suggested it’s nice and empty before kick off it is still the case that the actual quality of service is dreadful, even then, it’s just there’s more time for them to put things right.

The same problem doesn’t exist at Away grounds.

If I get in early ( so I’m comparing like with like, and no big crowd surge) at Fulham, Burton, Sunderland, Wigan, wherever, it’s always well informed competent staff.

Get in early at Villa, it’s a 1/10 chance of that. Far more likely they act like they’ve never been to the kiosk/ club before. We are definitely doing something wrong.

Apart from QPR, they made Villa Park look like a 5 star service.

I'd suggest the solution to the beer/pie situation is actually remarkably easy and would have an almost instant impact;

Make it a cashless system (which it already is for many season ticket holders) and do a quick analysis of sales during the peak periods so there can be some readiness for drinks - be that 500 pre-poured beers in the 10 minutes before half time or whatever. Then takes three members of staff - one to input, one to serve, one to pour.

Streamline where people need to go (a cashless area/ a beer only area) and crowds would be significantly shortened. 

And stop wasting time removing the bloody caps of coke bottles - coins, and date I say it - cabbages, are far more dangerous than a bottle cap!

• Like 2

I'd like to know what happened to that cabbage, I'd like to think it was put in an airtight jar of special liquid to preserve it and put into the museum

• Like 1

What if they brought out an app so that people could order/and pay through that leading up to half time and then it's just a case of going down to collect it rather than having to order, pay and collect all at once (which seems to be a mind-blowing experience for the 'staff'). 

Whatever the solution there has to be some acceptance that 20,000 or so people all trying to get something at the same time will lead to some form of delay (versus a normal consumer experience). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What if they brought out an app so that people could order/and pay through that leading up to half time and then it's just a case of going down to collect it rather than having to order, pay and collect all at once (which seems to be a mind-blowing experience for the 'staff'). 

Whatever the solution there has to be some acceptance that 20,000 or so people all trying to get something at the same time will lead to some form of delay (versus a normal consumer experience). 

Good idea but they would need to sort out Wi-Fi or 4G service first as most people's phones turn to shit at Villa Park!

What happened to the 5G trial we were supposed to be involved in?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Good idea but they would need to sort out Wi-Fi or 4G service first as most people's phones turn to shit at Villa Park!

What happened to the 5G trial we were supposed to be involved in?

Good initial ideal from BfHaV.

But S-Platt, you are quite correct about the current status of mobile coverage around the ground. I'm with O2, and as soon as I pass the turnstile to get in, I can forget about sending or receiving anything at the ground. Part of me thinks it is the emergency services dialling down the available public bandwidth; they have the power to control the mobile network when dealing with major incidents (or at least that was what I was told in emergency exercises with them). Surely not every Villa game is a major incident! Anyway, O2 is bobbins at Villa Park on match day.

I wonder if the club could do some research as to why so many supporters leave the ground early (unless we've been rubbish and losing badly of course).  It's usually to do with transport.  If those who leave early can provide information via a survey about how they travel, where they park, which trains or buses they use, etc etc there might be ways for the club to help.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I wonder if the club could do some research as to why so many supporters leave the ground early (unless we've been rubbish and losing badly of course).  It's usually to do with transport.  If those who leave early can provide information via a survey about how they travel, where they park, which trains or buses they use, etc etc there might be ways for the club to help.

I've thought about this in the past as well, what they should do is have an U23s fixture or womens fixture right after the game. Not everyone will stick around but plenty would, but more importantly it would break down the number of people all leaving at once. The congestion of 40k people all trying to go home at once is horrific. I never leave early but I understand leaving 5 minutes before the end can be the difference in getting home in 20 minutes compared to over an hour

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Good initial ideal from BfHaV.

But S-Platt, you are quite correct about the current status of mobile coverage around the ground. I'm with O2, and as soon as I pass the turnstile to get in, I can forget about sending or receiving anything at the ground. Part of me thinks it is the emergency services dialling down the available public bandwidth; they have the power to control the mobile network when dealing with major incidents (or at least that was what I was told in emergency exercises with them). Surely not every Villa game is a major incident! Anyway, O2 is bobbins at Villa Park on match day.

I used to be on O2 and could never connect in or near the ground, switched to Vodafone in the recent past and have no problems so it seems an issue localised to one or two providers rather than a wider problem perhaps? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

I've thought about this in the past as well, what they should do is have an U23s fixture or womens fixture right after the game. Not everyone will stick around but plenty would, but more importantly it would break down the number of people all leaving at once. The congestion of 40k people all trying to go home at once is horrific. I never leave early but I understand leaving 5 minutes before the end can be the difference in getting home in 20 minutes compared to over an hour

Wouldn't that mess up the pitch?

18 hours ago, Junxs said:

This would never go down well but the only really solution to this problem is to build a new stadium in an open area of Birmingham. It could have a massive car park along with direct public transport. 

These inner city areas will never be able to cope with big football stadiums. 

Â